WTB: Brush Guard for an 89 Nissan Pathfinder SE

Hello,
New member here searching for a brush guard to armor up the front of oldest daughter new/first/used car: a 1989 Nissan Pathfinder SE. She has the swing our tire carrier on the back. I'd like to add similar protection for this new driver to the front. Any helpful leads, links or info would be appreciated.
Best regards,
Mike

From what I can see the factory grille guard that I bought is kind of like a damage multiplier, not really armor as it should be. The bottom pivots off the frame and the top just attaches to the bumper, so it just swings back into the radiator/grille instead of protecting like it should. However, I love the look and it provides a decent place to sit when you forget a chair lol

I agree with building, this is made from 3/16 thick. I hit a deer at 45 and as you can see, no damage. Cost me around 200 bucks to make this one and one for my frontier. I still had material left. Take about one day to fab and one to paint and install.

DSC01947.jpg

• Like 1

This is the only pic I have of the Genuine Nissan one I got last October. Not an up close one but it shows what it is. And this is just the grill guard, I couldn't get the outer loops to go over the headlights they were all sold out when I went to order. :thumbsdown:

GRILLGUARD_zpsec35387c.jpg

Way back before I got new treads and fixed the "lazy eye" of a headlight.

• 1 year later...