Installing a hi lift jack on a tire carrier

I was wondering about how to approach this task, im not to familiar with installing a hi lift jack on the tire carriers so any help info and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I looked at other members thread's and i really didn't see that many with the hi lift jack on the tire carrier, but i would like to mount my on the tire carrier for convenience and just because i like it better on the carrier. Also want to mount a gas tank on it aswell, but i'd do that much later. I'm going with a hi lift jack right now because i really can't afford a winch there to expensive for me at the moment and i don't have that much money to dish out to a winch so i'm taking an alternative and decided to mount a hi-lift jack up on my carrier. I found a couple sites that have them that vary in prices.

http://www.amazon.com/Hi-Lift-Jack-HL484-Black-Steel/dp/B00042KG3A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402106453&sr=8-1&keywords=hi+lift+jack This 48 inch hi lift jack i was thinking would be a nice choice because my truck is still stock, though i do still plan to add a 1.5 inch lift,it should still suffice.

Thanks!

If you look at the first picture, you can see that the mounts just clamp on to the tubing with a V underneath a V bolt (modified U bolt) that runs through it. You've got 2 nuts per mount so position them were you want them, snug them, mount the jack and check for fitment/clearance and tighten them down fully. The jack mounts via the holes in it's body so you have a lot of latitude in mounting it.

B

Yep, they are way overbuild...

I'm wondering about the weight. With 33's, steel wheels, a full gas can & a hi lift that's some tonnage there. :ohno01:

What is a few hundrem more pounds on your rig anyway, you won't even notice! :tongue:

B

I just put a order in for my hi-lift jack and a spare tire, my current spare is not even a spare.. lol has a slash in the middle of the tire. will post pics once i have everything installed and up. Thanks for all the help guys! if i run into any problems i will definitly post it here, btw how many pounds can the tire carriers hold?

• 5 years later...