THE MRJIM PATHFINDER HAS BEEN STOLEN FROM SNOHOMISH, WA

MrJim

I wish I was in the area when you do find everything...I'd be right by your side beating the living @!*% out of them. You don't mess with another mans stuff. At least in my family. I have too many connections around the area.

This has been messing with me all week. My commute goes from South Seattle to Bangor/Key Port, seems like your color Wd21 are breeding in this area!

• Like 1

You guys are funny. No, the ex has been someone elses tormenter for several years now. We were together over 20 yrs and have not had one conversation since that 4 yr nasty divorce ended in 2009. And I couldn't be happier.

And I could handle losing my pathy to a crashing avilanche, or sliding off an icy mountain top at 4400 ft, but to lose it to some sorry thieves who think they are just so clever to steal from hard working people, that is just too much. It does make me want to hunt them down and male them suffer.

If that happens, I'd love to video it and post it here, but something tells me that one mmight go viral...

We will see. In the meantime, everyone please keep their eyes open and watching for my pathy in parts or whole.

Thanks everyone!

Andyc, I to have a pathfinder same color as Jim's, I live in south sound area, dont get me confused please..LOL I promise it's...not his. I don't have a ARB bumper. Don't shoot. All kidding aside, we are still checking ALL the similar pathfinder trucks even in the other States we drive, we thought we found it about 2weeks ago in Sacramento, alas no ARB or torched off bumper. Still praying for you Jim. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I remember back in the day, mid 80's my dad had a Statesman Deville. For you guys in the states, it's like a Cadillac, V8 350 chev motor in it. Interior like a lounge room and a boot that you could fit four golf bags inside with room to spare. Anyway my mum was hosting a fashion parade and the car was just outside the back door of the complex. Dad went out to the car to grab something and it's disappeared. Immediately called the police and waited. Just after midnight, dad got a call from the police that they had received a call from a parking security officer. The security officer closes this particular parking area at midnight so he saw the Deville parked there with no other vehicles remaining. So the police told us where the car was and we went and collected it. Seems the thieves had just taken the car to use as transport to get to the city, only 45 mins away. Luckily the only damage was they broke the steering lock and had hot wired it but everything else was ok. Panels not damaged or anything so my dad was extremely lucky. They could have taken every part off that thing and even transferred the engine into another ride.

Just thought it might even be a good idea to check around car parks, talk to security personnel to see if anything has been reported as 'odd'

No news. I spoke to the Police again and they said that no one has reported seeing it abandoned or trying to be salvaged, etc. yet. I advised them that the winch was locked in by the welded bumper, that it has emblem on both sides saying "size matters", that there is a single straight crack down the very center of the windshield, the NPORA stickers, lights, etc. He made sure everything was in the report and he told me the older Pathfinders have always been high on the stolen car reports. I will lookup the VIN to add some of it here. I wonder if anyone still knows the VIN from the Infinity we bought in Eugene, OR for the engine that was stolen also. I would like to give the cops that info.

Thanks to everyone for keeping an eye on Craigslist and the streets for any signs of it. Sorry to hear about the others who have lost their rigs this way too.

• Like 1

I tried really hard to find a Pathfinder to buy this last week that I liked. I sold my Miata and the money was burning a hole through my pocket, so I had to buy something fast. I looked at a lifted 95 XE in Lynnwood, but the engine was ticking, the interior looked and smelled like it spent most of its life under water. It was just too much to overlook. I had my eyes on another in Bellevue, but apparently others did too. I went to the local car auction yesterday and there were no Pathfinders. I looked for a decent rig to flip for cash and ended up buying a 1999 Suburban. Its pretty nice, but it had tons of trail scratched down the sides. I got my serious polish out and did one fender to see that it nearly completely wiped it smooth again. I was amazed. I went and bought an actual buffer to make the job easier, but this should be good advise to you all. Wax your rigs good before you hit the trails. It really deflects so much would be trail scratches. I used to think it would be a good invention to make a removable clear skin to stick to the sides of your 4x4 before you went onto trails to protect from scratches and then you would just peel off afterwards.

I know it is a rolling barn, but it's nice and will be ready to flip to someone else in as month or so. It's s decent rig for now. Plus I do like your idea of making them look rusty, or it could say graffiti or the words law enforcement, police, etc

I'm on my Samsung Galaxy phone so I don't know how to upload photos on this app. Imagine charcoal color with a small lower section of lighter gray at the bottom. Long with all options except sunroof. We were planning a camping trip in August and you couldn't ask for a better rig to sleep in. Huge in back. It is no Pathfinder for sure, but it will do in a pinch

I absolutely love roadkill, those guys have way too much fun! Plus, I'm digging what they are doing with the new hotrod garage, and the cool tech tips they give during the show. I've learned a lot from the tips and about American classics.

But glad you found a new time killer Jim, I'm a little scared myself to attack my paint for fear or ruining it. Glad the burban cleaned up nice!

Btw where and how often do they have public auctions? I'm in the Issaquah area and would love to go to one.

-Kyle

Kyle,

If you go to an auction, look for one that does not allow dealers. They know exactly how much they can pay for a vehicle and don't let many slip though their fingers without reason. Don't get discouraged, if you are going to check it out great but friends have gone once thinking that they were going to find the deal of a lifetime. Doesn't often work that way. They are fun though, every time we would bring one home (a buddy does this for a living) we would thoroughly search the vehicle, looking for stashes of untold riches.......

Kyle,

If you go to an auction, look for one that does not allow dealers. They know exactly how much they can pay for a vehicle and don't let many slip though their fingers without reason. Don't get discouraged, if you are going to check it out great but friends have gone once thinking that they were going to find the deal of a lifetime. Doesn't often work that way. They are fun though, every time we would bring one home (a buddy does this for a living) we would thoroughly search the vehicle, looking for stashes of untold riches.......

Thanks for the tip,

Ever find any of these untold riches?

-Kyle

Nothing big, jewelry, coins. Found a hundred dollar bill once. Beezer gave the jewelry to his wife so who knows if it was worth anything.... Big chunk of hash once. We didn't get much done that day.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

They used to shoot you for stealing your horse. I wish that applied today. Had my Honda stolen twice, if it wasn't such a p.o.s., would never have got it back. You ever see your baby again?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Pensacola, FL, but I will be keeping my eyes and ears out. Highly unlikely it's over here, but hey. I have this gut feeling that it is going to find it's way back to you again Mr. Jim, the condition will be another story. I can't help but agree that they probably stayed near by your area, and put a quick (probably crappy) paint job. Honestly, unless it strictly is a backwoods vehicle for the thief, I don't think they are enjoying it. It would be more work for the thief to undone/refurb all the work you have done to it in order for them to drive it publicly. Which is what I think they want to do because its a cool ride. Unless of course they are dumb and they drive it publicly without trying to hide the fact that it is yours (which could be the case). Your story hits close to home for many people here. Don't give up, you will find it.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

This is pretty late to be coming into, but I'll keep my eyes and ears. Honestly I've learned it either stays close and

gets abandoned or picked up pretty quickly or it’s 400+ miles away. Santa Cruz has a huge problem with Bike

thieves, and so does Santa Barbra. Both college laid back beach towns full of bikes up for the grabs. Somehow no

mater how many bikes go missing both towns seems to maintain same bike population. CHP pulled over a suspicious

box truck on 1 going from SB to SC. 50 bikes in back. They started checking them because a box truck doesn’t have

much business on 1. Found quite a few bikes. They bring SB bikes up, take SC bikes back down. Also this happens

between Portland/Seattle and SC.

This can be practice with vehicles as well. Move vehicle no less than 300 miles, swap doors n dash with junkyard donor

and sell it on that VIN, or just part and scrap it. It’s more likely to pop up down here than up there. A lot of ties from

Oregon to Santa Cruz Mountains, a lot. Quincy or Tahoe/Reno is likely as well. Like I said, It’s a bit late, but I’ll look.

Just started a job in SF East Bay doing construction, good place to find ranch trucks, I’ll check up there. There was

a rattle can black 4dr 93 or newer for sale couple months back, but stock wheels and bumper and no lift, so no luck

in my neighborhood.

My 90 has an alarm that I hate to set because it has a habit of going off on it’s own. But I do use it when I have to.

When I’ve had too many I hate to leave it at bar, but won’t drive home, so generally I just camp in it. No back seats,

pulled all my carpet and plastic because I use it for work and don’t want to damage them. Best theft deterrent I’ve found. Great little camper. Not as roomy as your Suburban, but they are great little campers.

Edited by Bastrdgod

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...