THE MRJIM PATHFINDER HAS BEEN STOLEN FROM SNOHOMISH, WA

MrJim

Yea, I know it was a stretch, I'm just a really strong proponent for thinking outside of the box and trying to think of every conceivable route / option to finding clues or any kind of information, which I 100% believe there is a trail, there are clues to follow, to help find his truck.

No problem Bud, not trying to shut you down or anything, just adding what I think I know.

I'm all for following any possible trails...

Bad news, Puget sound area, my daughter told me about a sand colored 95 Nissan Pathfinder that was stolen from a home in the gig harbor area last Monday, the neighbor saw it leave on a silver tow truck in the morning after owner left. I don't know much more than that. She heard it from her hunting friends. We might have a new theft ring starting up.might want to secure your pathfinders a bit until the thefts stop. As stated above, there is a lot of people getting into the wd21 pathfinders lately making the truck more valuable to thieves. It's Better to be safe than sorry. This is a sad time people. :(

Sadly, the WD21 Pathfinders have been recognized as being quite capable, reliable, and easy to steal. If it is one that looks well maintained, it is more fo a target. Often they wind up on farms/ranches (not registered) or driven South. Just like I advise every WD21 owner to put a good bumper on it, I'm suggesting people look into a low-jack type system to be able to track it. I plan to do this and insure mine for purchase price+all additional parts prices (more than I care to list). Welcome to our 'society'. :shrug:

B

Hi everyone,

No news yet. I found out that there was a black pickup that backed up to a garage and the guy started loading up parts until the owner walked out and surprised him just a couple months ago and this was 2 driveways down the road. The guy jumped in his truck and took off, but since he hadn't actually got the parts into his truck and since the truck was registered out on the Peninsula, the cops said there wasn't much they could do about it. I called and had them add the info to my police report, but I am pretty sure the cops are going to do little to resolve this. They prefer to spend their time writing tickets.

There is a neighborhood watch meeting on Sunday and the police are invited, but the neighbors said that police didn't come to the last meeting that they were asked to be at, so who knows if they will come this weekend. The building that the Pathfinder was parked at had its front door commercial locks drilled out and a bunch of antiques and collectibles were taken at the same time.

A camper of mine was broken into and burglarized at the same location about 6 months ago and a bloody tampon was left in the sink. Nasty... The who camper stank so bad that I could barely get it aired out. Of course it was ransacked too. It looked like someone had been living in it for days/weeks? I am sure that was drug related, but the Pathfinder and burglary this time was so ballsy and they got away clean, so I think it was someone who knew what they were doing. I feel like it had to be someone who knew the family since the thieves did this in broad daylight in full view of the surrounding homes owned by people we don't really associate with. Its like they knew that none of those people would even think twice about it, because they wouldn't know who should be and who shouldn't be hanging out there.

My mind is blown at how they did this in the middle of the day with people watching. I tried to post an ad on Craigslist several times, but a-holes keep flagging and deleting my ads.

These guys would have had to break into it, since the doors were locked. The wheels have locks on them, so it will have my tires and wheels on it, no matter what. I had added it back to my insurance a few weeks back for fire/theft, along with my Trooper, but after talking to one of the neighbors who said it was taken a week or so before Memorial Day, I made a decision to not file an insurance claim. I think it may have been gone already when I added them back to my policy and so I felt like it was a good moral decision to just cancel the policy and hope for the best that I get my truck back. So, there is no insurance, except for all of you to help keep an eye out for it on the trails or online as a parts truck.

Whatever happens, I am thankful to have had the last 5 years that NPORA gave back to me with my Pathfinder. :)

Every time I come back and check this thread it just pisses me off more. I talked to my sis that lives in Tacoma and told her to keep a lookout for a Pathfinder that looks like mine :happy: , but she is not as "in tune" as we would be... What the heck, one more set of eyes out there, right? I am still hopeful she will come home safe and sound.......

I just wanted to say that this really pisses me off. I hate thieves. Of all the vehicles to take and all the people to do it to.

Total conjecture ON my part, but i would think they were after it for the parts to either do a repair repair of their own or to sell some of the parts, or to take it to a salvage yard to get quick $.

They may have towed it out with straps, but could have loaded it on a trailer after.

MrJim, you still should have tried to see if you could file a claim. An insurance claim might have been a good way to make the police do actual police work. I was in an accident with my mothers vehicle while I still had my intermediate license, I was not listed as a driver on the record but they still took care of us.

With our knowledge of the automatic transmission being common fail points, I wonder if it's only five speed trucks being picked off?

It's been well-documented that pre-2000 model year cars are thieves' favorite targets these days.

Most everything made after 2000 have much harder to defeat anti-theft systems that can make it very difficult to start a car or do much else to it without a key.

Pre-2000s are much easier pickings, regardless of make. Where I live pre-2000 Hondas are often targeted because parts are still much in demand.

Best if you love your Pathy to do what you can to safeguard it with whatever combination you deem necessary - secure garage, alarm, Lojack, even club the wheel when you lock it up.

True pros can defeat most defenses, if they have enough time and will. But since most thefts are more about targets of opportunity, you can scare away a lot of the punks and meth heds who are stupid and ready to move on to the easier option.

MRJIM,

Really sorry to hear this, this is a piece of history for all of us and I hope for the best end.

Could someone or something send a massive bastards cleansing on earth and take all them parasites.

Philippe.

I posted a heads up on fb, on the off chance that one of my west side friends sees it rolling around.

You might check around at the local salvage yards and see if anybody's tried to sell them a Pathfinder recently.

I believe it. A couple years ago I was with my Electric crew in TX working overnight rewiring a Target Store. Out back we had out Dually hooked to a trailer loaded with construction trash. Full view, I mean 20 feet from a surveillence camera, under spot lights. Came out the next morning,...gone. Police took the video, nothing was done. We rented a truck, bought a new trailer and had a new Kubota on the back. 3 days later, at 10am, same guys stole the whole setup. It's mindboggling the balls some people have.

• 3 weeks later...

Any new updates on your pathfinder Mr. Jim? I'm really sorry to hear people in your area are just as scummy as most of the people here in NH. I've been looking on ebay and craigslist for anything out of the ordinary in your area.

hey everyone, there's nothing new to report on the Pathfinder yet. I really appreciate those of you who have posted on Facebook and you have kept an eye out for me. It's such a unique Pathfinder then I can't see how they could hide it for long. The ARB bumper is welded to the frame locking the eight thousand pound Warn winch in place. the wheels and tires are locked in place with locks on each hub. sorry for any typos or capitalization errors. I am speaking this into my phone in my convertible at 60 miles an hour

• Like 1

...I am speaking this into my phone in my convertible at 60 miles an hour

Son of a biscuit! You drive a Miata too? :)

*edit* .. I kind of thought that word would have been edited :lol:

Edited by devonianwalk

Yeah, I love my Miata. I did a 500 mile cross country race with 26 other Miatas from a local club and I came in #2, by just a hair at the end of tge day. My buddy Steve was my co-pilot and it took him a few hours to feel comfortable with my all out driving, but by the end of the day we were doing 60mph 180s, and one very sweet reverse 180 that was flawless. I had a blast and I got to drive like I did when i was a kid again growing up in Georgia. My 1990 with smaller 1.6 ltr rebuilt engine could drive right up to any of the newer 99+ models with 1.8 ltr engines. So much fun...

I havent moved on about the Pathfinder by any means, but I'm trying not to let it ruin every day. I had a new engine sitting inside the back door and it was also full of new parts like new clutch, new radiator, timing belt, nice DVD stereo, rear locker, etc. All in boxes. It was parked in a place where it was supposed to be pretty secure too. Plus, it was locked, wheels had locks on them and the front ARB bumper was welded to the frame - securing the m8000 Warm winch, so I had taken precautionary steps to keep it safe. I am very upset about it and I hope the cops find tge responsible parties before I do for their sake. I am furious at whoever is responsible. I am absolutely not over it. All I have been able to determine so far is that the thieves where at least two white guys driving a grey older pickup, and that they left the property heading north. I know a few more things that the police told me, but I think it's best not too discuss those publicly just yet.

Sorry, that isn't quite what I meant. At least you are enjoying your Miata...

My Pathfinder is off the road as well, but in my driveway and could technically be swiped the same way, other than I am usually home.

Unfortuantely locked doors don't mean anything on a Pathfinder, only maybe of there is an alarm active. Wheel locks are quite easy to remove with a little equipment, the bumper is easier to cut off than weld on.

My friend had his pathfinder stolen from infront of his house by a crackhead who was caught a week later driving it around the same area...

Kingman's custom wired ignition security Pathfinder was simply picked up and taken...

The only way to to keep a vehicle safe is some combination of alarm, low jack GPS system, having neighbors close enough to keep an eye out and/or securing it indoors or behind a gate or such.

I even intend to put up security cameras...

Sad state of affairs, but the criminal element has always existed so all you can do is try to stay ahead of them.

B

Yeah I agree that security measures can be side stepped. We had also talked about security cameras just months before this happened. It had a tow bar on the front that had a busted lock down latch, but it was still usablelobviously. They backed a Grey truck up in broad day light in full view of neighbors, hooked up the tow bar, and took off. Talks of it being someone close to family that knew details helping them to do it easier.

Not like mine is even close to what you have Jim, but there are a few of us that could happen too. I'm actually surprised to come home to mine still here. I'm the only lifted Pathy in the Des Moines, IA metro area, maybe even in Iowa now. I do get a lot of looks.

Neighborhood watch works wonders. Years ago, we had someone breaking into garages & stealing tools, personal belongings, & even sat and smoked cig's and left ashes in many of the neighbors MINT conditioned muscle cars. Many of us took turns with shifts watching. Finally after a week, we caught the SOB & beat the living @!*% out of him & then called the police.

Set up a few people and make sure they have a permit to carry. Pop a cap in his ass or beat them until they can't walk.

Well my awesome F250 caught fire less than a year ago and since the insurance agent misunderstood when I had asked to put comprehensive only back on it a month earlier, like my other cars that I didnt drive daily, it had no coverage. I was so sick over that literally. It had a rebuilt 460, straight body, excellent wheels and tires, and perfect interior that I had spent 2 years building up myself and it had a nice stereo system too. Such a loss. Then the Fire dept took 45 mins to show up on the middle of an I-5 interstate overpass right in the center of everett wa. There was no excuse for it. I ended up having to take $450 for scrap metal from it.

Then my camper was broken into on the ranch where I live and nasty crack whores stunk it up with bloody tampons in the bathroom and kitchen sinks as they apparently lived in it for days unnoticed. It was parked beside my Pathfinder at the time, so I locked down everything in and around my Pathfinder when that happened and it was also sitting in plain view of neighbors on all sides.

It was those very neighbors 6 months later who watched the guys break into it in broad daylight, break the steering loose, and hook up the tow bar to their older grey pickup and tow it right out of there in plain view. The neighbors said the thieves were so obvious and doing this in the middle of the day that they just assumed I mudt have sold the Pathfinder to them. Two of those neighbors are in charge of our stupid neighborhood watch too. Nobody wrote down any tag numbers or make any phone calls to check it out in the 2 hours that they were doing this. Again, I had no insurance on it, because it was parked in such a high visibility spot and the cops had vowed to increase patrols. Plus, I just couldnt afford to insure everything at the time. I had 2 out of 3 vehicles insured and of course they took that one.

The kicker is that they also drilled out the locks on the storage building there and they also loaded up both trucks with thousands of dollars of antiques and collectibles. Awesome neighborhood watch, don't you think?

I believe it is actually friends of a family member because they knew exactly who to be concerned about watching them and who not to. Plus, our family business was burglarized 60 miles away during the same time frame and that is way too coincidental.

I am furious about all of it and I have gotten some new info this past few weeks that could lead me to them. If I find my Pathfinder at someones house, I am gonna hook it up to tow it home, but before I leave I am gonna torch every car, building, and outhouse around it and them dare them to call the police to try to explain why I was there to begin with. That would feel really good...

Hell hath no fury like me when I hunt this scum down myself. God help them. (But only a little)

• Like 2

The fact that it might be a friend of the family (or some acquaintance) makes it worse. I sure do hope that you find the lazy bastards.

I too have a Miata ('92 NA 1.6L). I have instructed the wife to quit locking the doors when she is out and about. I would rather just replace the radio as opposed to replacing the radio and the top or window.