THE MRJIM PATHFINDER HAS BEEN STOLEN FROM SNOHOMISH, WA

MrJim

MY PATHFINDER WAS STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I came home on Sunday and went to get something from my Pathfinder (which had been parked on side of family farm) and it was GONE. It was not insured, because I was in the middle of repairs. I had new Engine, Clutch, Radiator, Thermostat, etc. etc. etc. all in boxes inside locked vehicle awaiting to be installed. I spoke to a few neighbors and one told me that she saw some guys about a week before Memorial Day working on the Pathfinder all day in the middle of a sunny day and they TOWED it out of the lot with an older gray pickup. She said she thought we had just sold it or something. They stole in on a sunny day in full view of several neighbors with people outside washing their cars, watering their lawns, etc. watching them. Not insured, no recourse, except to put the word out in my offroad club. My Warn Winch in my ARB bumper, etc. I am so upset....

It was stolen from 1125 Orchard Ave, Snohomish, WA 98290. I had every reason to think that it was safe and sound parked a block down the road on our property. It was deep on the lot even, Not even remotely close to the street. It took insane gawl to break into the locked vehicle in broad daylight in full view of all neighbors and then to use an 80s-90s older pickup to tow it out using the stolen chains and tow lines from inside.

It had full light rack with lights, my m8000 Warn Winch, ARB Bumper, 33" Wild Country Mud Tires, 15x8 Alloy Wheels (with security locks), in dash DVD player, and all of the components listed on my personal page here. Plus, there was a 120k Infinity Engine in the rear plus many new parts in boxes that were to be installed with new engine. None of which was insured...

HELP ME FIND THOSE RESPONSIBLE and HELP ME FIND MY PATHY!!!!!!

Wow! So sorry to hear that. I hope she comes home safe and sound but as most of us know we have to be our own detectives because the majority of law enforcement these days don't care much about cases that do not make them revenue... My hardbody pickup was stolen last year, got it back 8 days later, stripped, glass broken, clutch plate blown out of it, rattle canned and graffiti all over it. Just sold it for parts.

I truly hope you find the help you need and your Pathy is returned to you.

This is truly bad news, the people that did this are SCUM and I hope those responsible PAY FOR THEIR CRIME and do the TIME.

On behalf of myself and all Australian Npora members, our thoughts are with you man. I hope your pride and joy is returned all in one piece.

Jim, I'm sorry. Not only did they steal from you, they stole from us. Something tells me it was someone local who knew you were gone and had been watching it. Obviously, it won't be sold whole without a title, so I will keep a eye out for those parts. The ARB would be the red flag, it's got to pop up somewhere. You lost it once and got it back, let's hope it will happen a second time! Worse comes to worse, it's only a vehicle and you can always get another one. Keep us informed!

• Like 2

Yes, nothing would make me happier than to find my Pathy again. Too many people know it. I know someone will help me find it. Spread the word. Thanking you all in advance.

MrJim

Bastards!

I agree with 5523, there's a good chance whoever lifted it would try and sell parts... let's keep an eye on CL and see what pops up.

Can you post a recent pic/license number in case it's parked on a street somewhere? Just to help those of us in the area (or who aren't in the area, but could get the word to people who are) know what to look for?

Show the lady that saw it get towed away pictures of pickup trucks from that era, if she can identify the model then you can at least talk to people in the neighborhood and see if they know someone with a similar vehicle. Good luck with the search.

Hey there Jim, sorry to hear your truck being stolen, NO matter what it sucks. I have watched the video of the time you got it back from wrecking yard. I'm not sure, but this kinda sounds like someone knew all about the pathfinder and that it was going to be unwatched. It might be someone who knows you has been talking about it and got heard about by the wrong person. Mite want to talk about it with those around you, they might find it through word of mouth. Same thing happened to me with my OLD Bronco, I got it back and the teenagers were caught. I'm not saying that it was any of your friends/family.just someone that shouldn't have been told about it OR something. Sure hope that they catch all the person's involved and get all your truck stuff returned. My deepest sympathy and prayers 4u

Edited by Nissanland

That would make it about the 19th or 20th of May, so it was gone for 2 weeks before anyone noticed? :scratchhead:

What did the police have to say when you reported it stolen? When is the last time you saw it? The more info the better...

X2 on a recent pict post.

B

I'm always watching craigslist for parts, I live in pierce county, just south of you, so will definitely be able to catch something like that bumper/winch. I believe you can put a stolen parts alert on craigslist also. IIRC??

Edited by Nissanland

What a bunch of dirty losers. Do you guys have red light cameras around there? I wonder if you could talk to the various stores in the area that may have their security cameras trained on the road that might have caught a glimpse of it being towed passed. This whole thing is really high profile and suspicious. The guys actually worked on it there infront of everyone and then took it. Unbelievable. I'm wondering if someone did an ip trace on your account here on the forum and found out where you live to go on a treasure hunt of their own. Do you guys keep logs of the IP addresses that browse this site, even if they don't sign in and create an account? I agree that you should start seeing those separate parts popping up here and there. That sucks man, damn thieves.

^ this is what I was thinking too, it just may be that someone from this forum, god forbid, found out where your Pathy would be, scoped it out and took it when the time was right. I hope that no one from this forum would or could be that low to do such a thing as steal another members ride.

No, I don't think a member would but this site gets tons of anonymous traffic, even if they can't see the pictures they can still read an upgrades list and if they have any hacking ability they can get your IP address and reverse search it. Hell, teenage kids are doing this to each other when they get pissed off at each other while playing Call of Duty and one mad kid sends a swat team over to the house of the other kid (teen). This is all a bit of a stretch though.

A little while ago I did a Craigs List search for the Sea/Tac area and just by searching for Nissan Pathfinder I got back like 300 results, it's a freaking hot bed of Pathy activity in that region, and having lived there for almost 4 years I was shocked, I had no idea. In CL I saw one particular Towing company kept coming up with an engine and transmission for sale for an 87. On the face of it, it seems the thieves had an educated eye and knew exactly what they were looking at and had apparently driven around and cased the neighborhood before, probably a couple of weeks or months before, knew where the score was and acted on it.

What's interesting is they did it during their window of opportunity and had no fear of being exposed. Which means (I think) they had a plausible story cooked for if any of the neighbors did happen to wander over and see what was going on. They would have said something like "Oh yea, so and so asked for our help with this truck, we're just trying to get it running" I mean, it's the most natural thing if one guy see's another guy working on a truck..duh..of course the one guy would wander over and share in guy talk.

Towing that truck, they couldn't have towed it very far..I wouldn't think no more than a couple of miles, where ever it got stashed I'd have to guess is within 5 miles away Mr. Jim. The theives knew the truck was there, they knew it needed work, they knew they could work on it in front of the neighbors and they knew they had plenty of time.

Damn, that Pathy linked in omaha is almost a spitting image/mods.

This is basically what the truck looked like, last time it was on the road under it's own power:

IMG_20111001_122523.jpg

IMG_20111001_155305.jpg

IMG_20111001_152454.jpg

That isn't it. The Mr Jim truck has a tire carrrier and no ARB lockers IIRC. Good eye though, it is damn close.

I don't know about the IP storing, that would be an Admin thing, but I do know Mr Jim hasn't frequented the site for quite a while so it is unlikely that is where the address was obtained, much less information of how the vehicle was stored or guarded.

B

Yea, I know it was a stretch, I'm just a really strong proponent for thinking outside of the box and trying to think of every conceivable route / option to finding clues or any kind of information, which I 100% believe there is a trail, there are clues to follow, to help find his truck.

Bad news, Puget sound area, my daughter told me about a sand colored 95 Nissan Pathfinder that was stolen from a home in the gig harbor area last Monday, the neighbor saw it leave on a silver tow truck in the morning after owner left. I don't know much more than that. She heard it from her hunting friends. We might have a new theft ring starting up.might want to secure your pathfinders a bit until the thefts stop. As stated above, there is a lot of people getting into the wd21 pathfinders lately making the truck more valuable to thieves. It's Better to be safe than sorry. This is a sad time people. :(

Edited by Nissanland