Speaker help

FeelthePathos95

So I'm getting set to replace the speakers in my '94 SE.

I have ones ready for the front doors.

My question is does anyone know whether you can get identically shaped ones to replace the stock rear roof speakers and the tweeters on the pillars at front of the cabin?

I'd like to keep the interior as close to original as possible and was hoping to get by with only the head unit obviously not looking stock.

Most speakers you put in the rear will still allow the stock covers to go on, if that's what you meant by looking stock. The size you need is 5x7 You can't tell what's in there with the covers on. Not sure on the tweeters.

Edited by adamzan

Yep, two mounted in the roof at the back, near the lift gate.

Just like my '95 XE.

Believe that six-speaker setup (two front, two back, tweeters in the pillars) was standard in 94-95.

Haven't taken the tape measure to them but they're rectangular, about as wide as a iPhone is long and about one and a half times as long as an iPhone.

The fallback is to take the ones out of my '95 and put 'em in the '94, since I'm going be getting rid of the 95.

But the point of this is to have a new sound system rather than a new head unit and 20 year old speakers.

If you take off the covers, they are just 5x7 oval speakers. The after-market speakers fit in there and the stock covers go back over. This is how it is in both of my pathfinders. I can take some pictures if you want.

FYI I had a hell of a time replacing my speakers, I bought the Walmart specials and the cage ( metal part of speaker) was too broad so I had to "ahem" give them some persuading... And as far as the front I gave up on the 5x7 and just cut the holders and put regular 6.5" in , they fit great

I don't remember which size I got when I blew the front speakers, but the bolt holes matched up and the frames fouled the plastic spacers. Ended up modifying the spacers on the router to clear the speaker frames.

All four of my factory 5x7 speakers were toast due to age. I purchased new 5x7s, but so far, they won't fit in the front spacers without some router work on the spacers. Haven't had time to try to fit the rear ones yet.

All four of my factory 5x7 speakers were toast due to age. I purchased new 5x7s, but so far, they won't fit in the front spacers without some router work on the spacers. Haven't had time to try to fit the rear ones yet.

I had the same issue, I cut the bottoms out of the spacers and just used some 6.5" round speakers, cause the 5x7's would not fit no matter what. On the rear they "fit" but I had to put new screw holes in it and of course the covers wouldn't fit over them but they all work