Factory service manual info offer - 87-89 Pathy

Anyone have an FSM with wiring diagrams for an 87SE V6 5 speed? I need the wiring mostly for the ECM harness but an under hood diagram would be helpful too.

James

Here is the over all, but I can get you better ones if i knew what part exactly you were working on, EX: starter, or TPS

EFEC22.jpg

EFEC23.jpg

Edited by maddoc

• 6 months later...

thumb-archive.gif?aff=228622

Nissan Pathfinder D21 WD21 Workshop Manual

Complete workshop manual for the D21 & WD21 Nissan Pathfinder and Navara Inclucdes: -General Information -Maintenance -Engine Mechanical -Engine Lubrication & Cooling Systems -Accelerator Control, Fuel & Exhaust Systems -Clutch -Manual Transmission -Automatic Transmission -Trasfer -Propeller Shaft & Differention Carrier -Front Axle & Front Suspension -Rear Axle & Rear Suspension......

Read More 5.00 AUD

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Do you have a pinout diagram for an 88 WD21 VG30i ECU. It is a MECS-G400 23710-33G00. I have been trying to repair a faulty injector in my throttle body. Both injectors have been cleaned and tested but when put I them in place one freezes open and dumps fuel placing my ECU in failsafe mode. I have unplugged each injector to find which injector is bad and done the 9-volt battery test (both tests which I should have done before anything else) and can hear the faulty one and good one as well clicking so I believe there is a wiring problem as the ECU states(I also should have paid attention to the ECU code stating circuit problem instead of injector problem. Just hard headed I guess.) I have been unable to find any diagrams showing the layout of the pins on the ECU so I can test the continuity of the wires from the ECU to the injectors. Thanks for your help.

• 4 months later...

I'm looking for an automatic transmission repair manual on PDF for a 88 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 with a RE4R01A transmission. if anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

I just got a hard copy of the Haynes repaire manual, I have finally worked out why I couldn't find them anywhere before.. firstly Gregory's who make the majority of these manuals in Australia didn't have them listed but Haynes did (UK company, go figure) and it's listed under the Nissan/Datsun Pickup and Pathfinder, so if you were looking for Pathfinder specific (which I was) you wouldn't find it at all.

These seem to be fairly easy to find once you actually know what you are looking for!

As with previous posts I'm happy to scan small sections at once if required, or go to one of the above download links perhaps ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

HEY ANY CHANCE YOU HAVE A PIC? DIAGRAM? :) MY 87 PATHFINDER HAS/HAD 3 WIRES HOOKED TO THE IDLE SWITCH .. I HOOKED IT UP AS PER THE DRAWING C/18 BLUE YELLOW B/33 PINK .. IT WAS HOOKED UP ( C/18 BLUE YELLOW B/SHIELD ??? A/33 PINK ) WITH THIS HOOK UP IT PASSED CALI SMOG TEST AND SEEMED TO RUN GREAT .. SO MY QUESTION IS DO SOME MODELS HAVE 3 WIRES TO THE IDLE SWITCH ? AND IF SO WHAT IS THE OTHER POINT ? (18 33 ?) IN WHAT ORDER ? I WOULD THINK NOTHING SHOULD BE HOOKED TO THE SHIELD ON THIS END .. MAYBE TO 19 FROM THE TPS? ( 87 PATHFINDER SE 2DR 3SP AUTO A/C ) SEEMS TO RUN OK BOTH WAYS IN DRIVEWAY ..

• 4 years later...

I have a 3/87 Pathfinder, vg30i. It was running fine this morning when I took my son to school, the next time I started it, around noon, it started acting up as I pulled out of the driveway. When it reached about 1700 rpms it cut out, but would pick up again when it dropped to 1500 rpms, and cut out again at 1700. I limped it back to the house in first gear keeping it under 1500 rpms.  I checked the codes to see what was going on and it showed a Code 42. I checked the forums to see what a code 42 was and found several different answers.  One post said it was the Fuel Temperature Sensor, another said it was actually the Throttle Position Circuit, and a third said a Code 42 did not exist for the 87 model. Another stated mine was in fail safe mode, which is why it would not get over 2000 rpms.  It starts and runs fine, but gives me problems when I try to rev up the engine. It does have a cracked exhaust manifold, but the mechanic told me (contrary to what I've always been told) that it would not affect the way it drives. The TPS was replace a couple years ago and I never had a problem, with the exception of getting a couple vacuum lines reversed on the bottom of the breather which made it act the same way, not the case this time. Since you have the big book, I figure you could point me in the right direction.

UPDATE: Just checked codes again, showed code 44, ECCS Normal Operation.  I started it up and it ran like nothing was ever wrong, was able to rev up the engine past 2k rpms without a problem.  About to attempt to drive it into town, 2 miles down the road, and see how it acts. I will post an update when I return.

UPDATE 2: I have no idea what's going on, but it drove without a problem. Fired right up and ran as if nothing had been wrong.  I have a feeling I have a loose connection somewhere just waiting to act up again. I would still like to know what a Code 42 is, Fuel Temp Sensor, Throttle Position Circuit, or does it even exist at all? That way the next time I have Code 42 I'll know where to look.

Edited by Pathfinder65
Update problem

42 is the throttle sensor circuit (TPS) according to my paper copy of the '87 service manual. The full list:

11, crank angle sensor circuit (sensor in the dizzy)

12, air flow meter circuit (MAF)

13, Cylinder head/water temp sensor circuit

21, ignition signal missing in primary coil

33, exhaust gas sensor circuit (oxygen sensor)

42, throttle sensor circuit (TPS)

43, injector circuit

44, no malfunctioning in the above circuits

Later models added a few more codes, and, just to be annoying, moved the last three around. Later manuals list 43 as the TPS circuit, 51 as injector circuit, 55 as no malfunction. 42 doesn't appear on the later code charts, so I'm not sure why you're getting conflicting info there. I've found no reference to a fuel temp sensor in any W/D21 service manual I've gotten my grubby hands on.

A loose plug sounds likely. If you look into the plug (assuming your '87 uses the same electrical plugs as my '93), the female pin is formed like a rectangular C with the ends touching. I tightened up a few loose plugs on mine by sticking the end of a knife between the pin and the plug body and pushing those ends inward just a little to make them grip the male pin more tightly. This probably isn't the right way to do it, but the plugs felt much tighter afterwards, and the idle issue I was chasing went away, so I'm calling it a win.

There is a fail-safe that will drop the rev limiter to 2800 rpm. EF&EC-42 says it'll kick in if it's not getting a signal from the MAF sensor or if a fuel injector fails to chooch more than four times in a row under certain conditions, but the only mention of the TPS on that page is that the ECU fudges MAF data with TPS data if the MAF isn't working. So that's a little odd. Not sure what to tell you, but I'd check the MAF plug while you're in there, and pull codes right away if it goes into limp mode again. Good luck!