Factory service manual info offer - 87-89 Pathy

What does the factory sevice manual say for the 4wd compression/tension rod bushings?

I went and got energy suspension bushings for them but now I find the factory bushing cups are shot. I heard somwhere that they are originally tacked in place. does it say anyting about that or do I just new cups from nissan and slide them in?

Doesn't say anything about 'em. Sorry. Other people are using a pair of big bearing races(?) IIRC to replace the rusted cups.

Bearing races DOH! I bet I coulda found those cheaper than $40 @ nissan. anyway do you know if these other ppl just slide them on the rod beteen the busshing and the frame and call it a day or do the weld them in place to prevent shifting of the rod?

• 2 weeks later...

A detailed picture of the vacuum daigram for the 87 z24i engine would be just awesome. the sticker is missing from my hood and previous owner put new vacuum hoses in, but im thinking he got them all wrong.

I hate to say it, but there is no vacuum diagram for either engine in my whole FSM. There's a diagram showing where all the emissions control parts go but no routing diagram. My Chilton's doesn't show it either. Honest to God, I just leafed through every section even remotely pertaining to engines.

I hate to say it, but there is no vacuum diagram for either engine in my whole FSM. There's a diagram showing where all the emissions control parts go but no routing diagram. My Chilton's doesn't show it either. Honest to God, I just leafed through every section even remotely pertaining to engines.

Thats great. A nissan mystery. my hanes manual doesnt have the diagram for this engine with the throttle body. shows all the carburated models. but not mine, even checked on autozone.com, but no dice there either. chit.

• 1 month later...
Thats great. A nissan mystery. my hanes manual doesnt have the diagram for this engine with the throttle body. shows all the carburated models. but not mine, even checked on autozone.com, but no dice there either. chit.

found it, 2 of them actually if anyone needs them, post-5399-1216479058_thumb.jpg

post-5399-1216478964_thumb.jpg

oh yea, forgot why i came on here start with, i need a wiring diagram for 87 z24i. my idle and acceeration problem been tracked down to a short, so i need a good diagram to trace wires with.

wiring diagram for 87 z24i? bump

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Does the manual show how to pull codes from the TCU if you don't have an overdrive button? (I've only got a power button on the shifter)

Thanks!

Never mind. You can just use the Auto/Power button instead. Just make sure your TPS is hooked up right first! :crossedwires:

Edited by Scottzilla

• 4 months later...

Sorry for a mundane Q but can you tell me what the rear spring seat size and widths for the WNYD21 is as my lower rubber ones have perished and Ive found a guy selling 1.5in urethane lifty types on ebay for dog cheap.

I did the fourum search and the v8 JGC is all that I can interpret to be the best fit?, in the good ole days I do remember someone saying the jeep cherokee front springs were interchangable with the WD21 rears, does anyone know from which model year exactly?

or do I need to pull them and take them with me to the pull your own parts yard? for the full comparison

Mine are a little saggy probably due to the rubber being totally shagged from my many off road adventures as well as their age, so Im thinking new(ish) springs and spring seats. just need to know thier dimensions before I go out to buy.

Cheers and beers :beer:

Edited by BigD21

You have rubber isolators on the bottom?? Mine are only on the top...

Here is everything you ever wanted to know about springs...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18&st=0

B

Excellent info .. 5.25" (13.33mm) OD is around about what I get measuring from the base of the spring's using my cheap but almost precise chinese caliper.

The guy on ebay I found sells a 15mm (5.90" to you guys)lift polyurethane set for the Nissan GU/GQ patrol But sadly he doesnt say anything about the IS & OS diameters

I hope his gear works with my stock pathfinder springs IS - OS diameters it would get me out of trouble .. I'll Q him.

I cant see if theres upper rubber isolaters but your advice and logic tells me that there is so if the ebay guy cant help me then I'm going to print the link info and head down to the Wreckers to do me some pulling proly think a firmer set sounds rational after all those hard corrugated trails we have here could do with some tempering.

Cheers and beers

:beer:

Edited by BigD21

• 2 months later...