Factory service manual info offer - 87-89 Pathy

I have a Nissan FSM for 1987-1989 Pathfinders and Hardbody pickups that I can offer some factory information from if anyone has a specific question or need. Just let me know and I'll see what I can do for you. I just wanted to make it known and let everyone know that the offer stands open for anyone.

Also, PLEASE, no requests for mundane things like "what spark plugs should I use" or "what size windshield wiper do I need", those things should be easily found by either searching these forums, my forums at http://wd21forums.damagedreality.com or asking/calling a local parts store. Off-topic requests will be deleted at will. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

OK, I'm getting code 43 which is TPS but I run through the test and it checks out fine. I even changed it anyways and also changed the whole throttle body including mass air sensor and whatever is attached. The deal is she is running in safe mode and every test my manual (Mitchell repair) says to check seems to check out fine, the last thing I'm going to check is the input/output signals to the ECU and see if there might be a problem there, if not I'm at a loss. Also I've changed the ECU with 3 others and get the same problem along with countless relays.

Any other ideas or things I should check or test?

YEE HAW!!!!!!! I got it, it was the wire from the ECU to injector A. It wasn't broke but there was enough resistance to give it trouble and not fire all the time which put it in "safe mode" and wouldn't let it go over 3 grand. So I just ran a jumper wire since the break is in between the firewall and dash. Runs great, thanx for the help.

Tim

PS - When I pulled the carpet up on the passanger side to get at the wire's I noticed that a mouse must have been in it a one time and chewed on a few wires, so I'm thinking that he might have gotten up into the dash somewhere's and got at that wire, Man I tell ya, what a pain in the nut sack. Hope no one has to go threw that.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest canadian_girl

I'm attempting to replace my clutch, but am having trouble removing my tranny. How long is the shaft I need to clear? Will my engine pivot to allow my bell housing to clear the engine compartment?

Thanks, this is all new to me, but I'm learning lots.

• 3 months later...

hey 88 man, being stupid and trying to rush the process like i always do, I took all the stock body mounts off the pathy while attempting to install the performance accessories 3" body lift kit. does your manual show any diagrams of how these went? im friggin' stuck man....makes me wanna cry how frustrated this is getting..two days now without the pathy drivin' :help: :mellow: :o :sniff:

look...i took all the rubber mounts off, so there is just the metal mounting plate, right...so, since there are two pieces two every stock mount, a lower and an upper, i need to know which pieces are the uppers and which are the lowers. they are all sitting in a box and i have no clue where they go. :D

look...i took all the rubber mounts off, so there is just the metal mounting plate, right...so, since there are two pieces two every stock mount, a lower and an upper, i need to know which pieces are the uppers and which are the lowers. they are all sitting in a box and i have no clue where they go. :D

Glad to hear you sorted it out.

yup went to the dealership got the part numbers and schematics of how they went (the order, basically) on the frame and went to work. i know all of you are still like wtf is this kid talking about, but im pretty sure that im not just an idiot. or maybe i am....but either way i fixed it..sorry for my b#*@hing :)

• 10 months later...

Hello, I have this 87 pathy i picked up and ever since i got the thing the Oil pressure gauge wont work and the warning light will go brighter with the accelerator.. im puzzeled, i checked the fuses, and as far as the oil pressure senser and the relay, i have no idea were its located, this is my first pathfinder so im a littel solw on were every thing located :shrug: , also my running light on the rear drivers side wont work..lol, i have replaced the bulbs, but still the back up lights (both) and running light on the drivers side wont work.. im clueless.. the fuses are all good, i checked the wiring from the lamp to as far back as i can go, nothing is brokin..ect.. if any one can help this first time pathy owner out id be much ablidged.

Thank you,

Scott

Edited by NWT87PATHY

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I also have the FSM for 89 Pathfinders, so let me know if I can be of any assistance. Hey NWT87PATHY... I will try to help you with your issues. First of all your oil pressure sending unit is right above the starter (pass side) rear of the oil filter... don't expect to be able to see it at all unless you remove your right front tire, however it's wire has a big orange boot on it from the factory that should help you locate it if you have trouble. Your going to need a test light to check all your rear light sockets and wiring, your back up lights may not work because of the switch in the tranny, mine is a 5spd and mine work sometimes... my switch is either bad or out of adjustment... IMO I wouldnt worry about them myself. Perhaps someone has installed a trailer wiring pigtail at some point in your rear wiring and something has gone caddywhompus with that. I am on my third Pathfinder and have owned nothing but Nissans for 12 years. Email me if you have any other questions I am glad to help. I drive a truck and am gone Mon-Fri so will answer all questions on weekends.

ja52999@yahoo.com

Jerry

• 5 months later...
...Also, PLEASE, no requests for mundane things like "what spark plugs should I use" or "what size windshield wiper do I need", those things should be easily found by either searching these forums, my forums at http://wd21forums.damagedreality.com or asking/calling a local parts store. Off-topic requests will be deleted at will. Thank you.

I tried the link in the first post, but it seems to redirect to a dead page. Is there an update or better link I can use?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Could you post the factory manual sections relating to changing the timing belt on the VG30e? I want to use it as a reference along with the good instructions on this site.

Thanks,

JB

Edited by jond8

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...