Engine Swap Questions

djeffrey

Hello everybody! I know this is asked a million times, i have done a lot of searching on a few different forums on the 3.3 swap. I still have a couple questions before i proceed.

I have a 1991 4x4 SE, had 370,000 miles on my old engine, i am damn impressed. I got the car 2 years ago for free. I love it! on my 220 mile commute to work last month it started a tick noise, i pulled over right away to inspect, the ticking increased to a knock which kept increasing in only a couple min. I haven't yanked the engine yet but i am pretty sure its going for retirement. I have been wanting to do a swap for the increased power and now is the time. I have a few questions before i decide how doable it is. There is a few variations of the swap and I'm not sure which way to go so let me give you the questions and maybe you can lead me with the proper route.

I want to keep the AC bolt in how it is, i know that can be a problem with a certain swap.

I have read about a crank adapter, will that aid in me being able to cleanly swap my accessories on my car to the 3.3 long block?

is it better to take a 3.0 crank and put it in the 3.3 with machine work? after the machine work will it be good to go? or do i need to have the 3.3 crank machined to match the 3.0? I might be backwards

from what I have read, if i machine the crank to match, i can move everything to the 3.3 including the AC without any mods.

I have read about different oil filter configurations, what is best for my swap?

few other side questions,

Can anyone recommend a decent clutch for the money?

I was thinking of doing headers, is it better to install them with the engine or can i do it at a later time?

As you can tell i am trying to do as bolt in a possible but get an upgrade in since i am here so i can get this back on the road and do some camping and hit some trails.

Thank you very much everybody!

Thank you for the help!

If it matters, i want to use it for 4x4ing, hills and trails, I am also gonna use it for some towing when I get some other stuff done to it to make it tow worthy.