Ah Crap! look what I found.

bushnut

Does no one up there undercoat and wash? :scratchhead:

B

you can't wash for most of the winter unless you've got somewhere to let your car dry. otherwise the doors seals and locks freeze shut.

A good buddy of mine moved up to PA a few years ago. Sold his "southern" two wheel drive Toyota truck for a PROFIT because of the lack of rust. Maybe I should start buying used 4x4's locally on the cheap and selling them up there .. :scratchhead:

lots of folk have tried but there always seems to be some "import duty/ safety issue" with US cars. They call it free trade. I call it protectionism for the used car industry here in canada.

yea they were nice. but vague.

the recall here in Canada has a different campaign ID# (R177) I'm gonna' try and find it an see the difference.

the guy told me my truck has two outstanding claims, this one and the seat belt thing. (I can live with that one)

So I just dropped it off at the dealership. they said they were going to do the fuel filler tube warranty service as well.

fingers crossed. :cheetos:

:friday::fireworx::jig:

So they are going to fix it! Level 2 repair on both sides. they have to order the parts but they should be calling in a few days to set up the appointment.

They are going to do the fuel tank filler pipe as well.

My experience with the dealer was great. everyone was nice. they drove me home (across town) then came to pick me up when the assessment was done. not a word about my aftermarket springs, strut spacer or wheel spacers.

I'll post pics when the work is done.

• Like 3

Good to hear Nissan and the dealership are standing behind their product and not making excuses about modified parts. :aok:

I highly recommend you show up with a pallet of doughnuts, a sandwich platter, poutine, moose antlers, seal blubber or what ever you Eskimos like to eat...

B

• Like 1

:friday::fireworx::jig:

So they are going to fix it! Level 2 repair on both sides. they have to order the parts but they should be calling in a few days to set up the appointment.

They are going to do the fuel tank filler pipe as well.

My experience with the dealer was great. everyone was nice. they drove me home (across town) then came to pick me up when the assessment was done. not a word about my aftermarket springs, strut spacer or wheel spacers.

I'll post pics when the work is done.

Being warranty work, you may get a survey in the mail from Nissan when the repair is done.

If you have been happy with the dealership, the people you have been dealing with there and how you were treated, fill out your Nissan survey.

Good scores can = $ checks directly from Nissan to the people (technicians and service writers) that assisted you. Not in the hands of the dealership owner.

In addition, a written letter from you to Nissan about your positive experience can also do the same thing.

I'm glad they could fix it! That speeks good about nissan, must of the car mfg's will choose to scrap it since they want you to buy a brand new car...

OLD Cars = Bad for Car Mfgs.

There is two versions of the recall for non salt and salt states. Any suspension or other mods do not affect or void the recall

Ya, I was worried for bushnut because I was told they weren't responsable if you'd modified your suspension. I just had both sides of mine done in the fall and wasn't to happy with the "repairs" they did, but they did what they were responsible for. The metal all around the patches is falling apart now and I need a new truck before the lower control arms fall off. But they don't worry about anything past the patch size. They filled where the collapsed housing tore off the frame with tar if it was past the patch so I wouldn't see the damage. Left lots of old bolt holes were they moved brake lines and things. Most of the bolts they broke off they just ignored...my air box rattles around now because they broke off all but one bolt, etc. etc. But the thing that bugs me the most was they removed the one clunking strut with the torn up boot and put it back in with out even saying anything about it to me. If the had told me they were going to repair it I would have had them replace it while it was apart. Just got a call saying come and get it.

• 2 weeks later...

well the parts finally came in and I have an appointment on June 3rd. can't wait. I've had all my plans on hold until this gets sorted out.

1st on the list, exhaust replacement and upgrade.

2nd new shoes and rotors up front

3rd new tires on my lego wheels !

4th CB and or UHF radio.

5th skid plates and or rock rails.

Edited by bushnut

well she's back!

dropped it off on tuesday at 7:30 am and got it back on wednesday at 4:00pm. looks like they did an OK job. I think they didi an alignment as well as it drives a little different now as well. the front end feels stiffer? Here are a few pics.

driver side.

P1070044_zps8a31c6bb.jpg

passenger side.

P1070045_zpsaf66b747.jpg

the only thing I'm not happy about is that they didn't do anything about the rust on the inside of the engine bay on the drivers side. looks like I'll have to tackle that myself.

P1070048_zps77b01194.jpg

on the whole the I think everything went well. the dealership was prompt, professional and very courteous.

Oh and one more thing, on the drive back to work after picking up the truck the ABS light came on while I was in bumper to bumper traffic. got back to work for a few more hours and on the drive home no ABS light I guess i'll have to look into that as well.

thanks for all the concern and good wishes.

now on to the rest of the plans I have for this rig.

I just read though the entire level 2 technical bulletin. wow that was long and complex.

On the Level 2 repair they pull the ABS sensors off for the repair. They might have not plugged on in all the way or something. You might want to have them recheck that.

It was nice that they did an alignment on the vehicle since the recall doesnt cover that. (or pay the dealership for one)

the front end feels stiffer?

Because one of the things that the wheel support bolts to isn't flexing all over the place anymore? ;)

Good, sounds like they did their job. Yes, definitely tackle the rust on the inside now, it shouldn't be too hard. I don't know if it is available up there, but look for Permatex Rust Treatment, it is an easy but useful item...

N

Glay you got your truck back! Mine drove better after my recall but that is because the strut wasn't tipping into the steering. I don't want to bring you down but if yours is like mine than less than a year after the repairs I have new holes around my recall patches...could probably knock holes all around them with a chipping hammer. And Permatex is usless in Canada in my opinion.

Edited by kdj