Interlock switch

PeteyPathy

Can anyone tell me what the switch marked "INTERLOCK" on dash to the right of steering column, and below emergency flashers is supposed to do?

When I push it the fuel light and brake light come on. Don't notice any other affect. Anyone have the original owner manual for an 87?

He will, eventually. My D720 had no such ignition override and no matter how careful I was, I lurched it with the starter several times a year. Never hit anything, but still...

A great way to move a non-running vehicle a short distance though. :D

B

I chased every thread I could find that mentions owner manuals, only newer manuals are online appears, FSM wiring diagram doesn't tell purpose just where wires connect.

No I won't bump start it unless i have to because of hyd clutch failure. Not only am I mechanic (the kind who turns wrenches for a living) I'm also CDL driver so accustomed to vehicles that don't have clutch interlock. I've owned several vehicles that clutch switch failed in so i just jumped it instead of replacing.

Bypassing instead of replacing? You must be ASE certified! :rofl: (calm down it's just a joke, as was my previous comment, though there are a few threads that a search of the word "interlock " will bring up and have given you the needed info as well :aok: )

• Like 1

Yes, bypassing cause I'm accustomed to not having one. What's really bad is driving tired, shifting out then looking for 6th.. Not good to hit reverse at 70 lol

What's really bad is driving tired, shifting out then looking for 6th.. Not good to hit reverse at 70 lol

That and the invisible clutch when you're in an automatic...

Back in the 80s they were having failure problems with the interlock relay, sometimes you could tap on it with a screwdriver

or something and it would work, other times we made a temp jumper wire with 10 gauge and 2 male spade connectors I have 1 in the wife's 94 pathy.

It seemed like we were having more problems with the Sentras then any other model