Doing What they say cant be done need support

Airrun2002

ok, so im getting all the turbo stuff from a 85 300zx from a friend and its going on the pathy, no matter what it takes. wish me luck, give me pointers anything would be great.

Anyone??????????

Edited by Airrun2002

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because nobody makes parts for putting a turbo into a Pathfinder. Stock 300ZX parts were not made to fit into a Pathfinder engine bay.

You're going to have to have anything you need (that you don't have already) fabricated totally by hand one at a time. Example...turbo exhaust manifolds...intake piping...exhaust wastegate piping(if it's not an integrated wastegate)...blow-off valve...exhaust downpipe and cat(if under emissions requirements)...fuel management system...boost controller...the list goes on.

Guest REV TERRANO

Hey air run good luck to you on that project, I have turbo charged alot of cars on various projects, some bolt on like the honda crowds and others were full on have to make everything for that particular car. But it can be done, anything is possible. Like right now me and my friend are almost down with a Toyota AE-86 with a 7MGTE single, thats a 4cy chasis with a inline six stuffed in it, last one we did full done dynoed around 500hp to the wheel, over if you ask me :lol: This engine swap were are doing will be stamped by the highway patrol for being a smog legal and pass california smog emissions as we used all smog devices that were attached to the original car the supra. If you are considering high boost numbers try getting the pistons and injectors from that particular motor your friend is giving you as it will have the higher cc injectors and forged pistons. If not run enough fuel on stock and do not run it lean or ping!!! Good luck and like every one said take lots of pics.

Im getting all the realted parts from the car to control the turbo. And i will get anything i can to mount/plumb it i will also look at my friends running 300zx to see how it all works. I might be comin to some of you such as Bernard to maybe help me machine some parts and if all goes well possibly design a kit. :contract: sly

from what i know a supercharger is quicker than a single turbo cause its belt driven as opposed to exhuast and having to wait for the proper pressure, now you have a small and a large turbo on one car an almost eliminate turbo lag from the spooling.

You must be building some sort of boulevard sleeper to take the ricer boys to task at the stoplights. A s/c makes alot more sense in just about any other application that the Pathy would find itself in.

Typical Japanese twin-turbo set-ups (Mazda, Toyota, Nissan) use the small turbo spinning all the time, with the second one kicking in depending on throttle position, sensors, etc., thus doing away with the dreaded lag of a single turbo set-up. As far as a turbo on anything going offroad... maybe you're planning on entering it in the local rally series or something ?

post-6-1107558762.jpg

May I suggest installing a body lift before you start for more space? Sorry, had to go there. You'd still be carving the fire wall and such, and doing insane fab work. If you have the balls, cash and time, more power to ya. Its only money, and you only live once. You might as well have a good time doing it! :beer:

Aww, c'mon 88, at least give him some encouragement... I think it would kick some serious hiney if he pulls it off (good luck :D) and even if he doesn't, he sure is gonna learn a whole lot about fab work, his truck, life, love...