Experience with stock coils.

csutke

I'm in the process of choosing how to go about replacing my suspension components. I was wondering if anybody on here has experience with "new" stock coils. Meaning that right now I have stockers but they are old and starting to sag. I know that the pathy is rated to tow 5000 lbs and I don't think I'll ever get close to that but I do tow with it. I have an aluminum 2 place atv trailer with one to two atvs on it, plus gear. I was wondering how new components handle this?

My thoughts so far on replacement are:

Front:

Stock coils, KYB struts and some spacers

OME or ironman coils, KYB struts and spacers

Rear

Stock coils, Bilsteins, spacers

OME or ironman coils, and Biksteins no spacers (although may add some at some point after settling and what not)

Or the complete AC kit

My goal from all of this is to get a tighter ride, and I know that stockers with be softer than the other options but it's going to be better than it is now. Add a little lift, and hopefully get rid of some of the rake. I do like a little however.

after going through all the same questions as you, are the reason I settled on the IronMan springs was that they seamed like the best bang for my buck. a year in and I'm not disappointed.

I don't tow very often but I have loaded the sh*& out of the truck. 4 adults, 1 90lbs dog, a 16 foot canoe and camping gear for 3 days and the Pathy doesn't sag, handling doesn't feel any different than when empty. Highway driving is smooooth, and gravel wash board is tolerable. in more rocky off road trails the added clearance and smoother articulation of the suspension keeps things moving forward.

my only advice is that while you have it all apart, replace your bushings as well if they haven't been already. considering the age of your truck they are probably due. I'm currently chasing down some bushing issues now.