Upper control arms

Ive had a bit of a hunt around and by the sounds of it the Calmini arms are not all that good. Has anyone used the arms from 4x4parts? Are there any others that you can recommend. I am running a larger diameter shock and I am finding that at full extension the shock hits the control arm, Im also wanting to correct BJ angle. I have about 2.5 - 3 inches of lift

Cheers.

I use rough country UCA's I like them, and they come with grease fittings.

(Fought urges to not make a BJ angle joke...)

87 XE red/red 3+3+33's=my finder

• 2 weeks later...

I have uca on order from 4x4parts.com and as far as Calmini uca I would stay away from them. I order stuff from them and 6 weeks later still nothing in the mail so I called them and they said It's still on back order for another 3 weeks so I canceled the order and went to 4x4parts.com and they sent them a day later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would go with rough country (superlift) ucas if I were to choose any of them. They are the only set that properly addresses balljoint angles. The 4x4 parts ucas actually look shorter than stock although I'm sure thats not the case. You want the longest control arms you can get and you want to correct balljoint angles.4x4 parts arms dont do that. They look almost completely straight ?

If I didn't get the 4x4 Parts UCA's in a package deal (whole front end of a SAS'ed Pathy) I would go with Rough Country too. I still may buy a set when it is time for new bushings...

I too would recommend the Rough Country/Superlift arms. I originally ordered RC's and had them for a while when someone discovered a manufacturing problem (long ago and corrected right after discovery). Called up RC and they issued a postage paid return label and RMA and a direct number to Superlift who quickly sent me replacements.

The have been on my truck now for years with zero problems and for reference both are made by SuperLift and the only difference is the coating. RC's are power coated while SL's are zinc coated.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 8:39 PM, Darrow12 said:

I cannot find rough country upper control arms anywhere on the site.  Does anyone know if RC stopped making them?

I’ve got a ‘95 pathfinder 

I'd give them a call, but as mentioned several times here on NPORA tell them you have a Hardbody and do not mention the word "Pathfinder"  They used to be willing to sell the arms separately and directly.  If they still offer them (probably in a leaf sprung Hardbody kit) they may still sell them alone if you ask nicely :) *don't forget to ask for the bushings and hardware as well!

If not, then as @FirstGenFreak mentioned, you can go with Superlift arms (same thing, different finish)

why did rough country stop selling them to wd21 owners i bet one of the old timers got into it with them and they ended there connection with the npora members that all you would have to mention the groups name from what i hear.