Mr.510's VG33 Crank Adaptor.

Anyone know how to get in contact with Mr.510? He hasn't been active on here fot years. I tired emailing him but no response. His website (vg30.com) isn't even up.

Just blew a head gasket on my vg30 and bought a vg33 for the swap and was hoping id be able to get the adaptor instead of having work done on the crank.

-Thanks guys!

I checked his store and he has 0 items up for sale :( I wonder if hes just deep into other projects or something. That would be sweet if you could shoot him a text of some sort :) I'll try sending him a message on ebay. Heres his store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Mr-510s-Store

Thanks

Edited by conor1123

Enjoy it!!!!! I can't believe the timing. It needs a plaque with all the former owners on it or something lol.

Cool cool, i'll check his ebay in a couple of days. I guess my timing was bad on googling that crank adaptor hah! Thought it was history.

Thanks again! I'm still not sure if i'm going to end up using the 3.3 crank or the 3.0 yet so we will see :P

Since the crank is already out I might as well just swap the 3.0 crank in because then I can just use a 3.0 Water/oil pump and run all my accessories without worrying about machining anything. Unless someone can give me a good reason to keep the 3.3 oil pump ;D

Edited by conor1123

The 3.3L oil pump is far superior to the 3.0L pump in every way. That's all there is to it. The 3.3L crank is also stronger.

Sorry to turn this into a question thread, but, if I end up getting this crank adaptor and use the 3.3L crank + oil pump, what would be the best simplest way to complete the install of accessories and the water pump etc? Do I have to use the 3.3L water pump or can I use a 200sx/300zx pump that is smaller? Just want to know what timing cover parts i'll be using and would rather do less cutting/bracket making since I don't have very much knowledge regarding that stuff.

Once you swap the water pump everything else should be an easy bolt on to my knowledge. If you swap to the 3.0 crank youl want to get it rebalanced to the vg33 pistons and rods.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Once you swap the water pump everything else should be an easy bolt on to my knowledge. If you swap to the 3.0 crank youl want to get it rebalanced to the vg33 pistons and rods.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Heya Steven, So if i'm using the vg30 water pump but the vg33 oil pump do i just mis match timing covers from both motors or will that cause other issues? I should probably wait till you tear into yours soon so this could be answered easily hah!

I bought a crank adapter from Mr.510 from his eBay store about 2 months ago. I have it put up for now as I'm still getting all my stuff together for my VG33 swap. Between Mr.510's VG34 build thread and NissanNuts web page and questions answered by other members here you can get it all together.

I'll be keeping my factory 93 oil pan, pickup tube and accessories as much as possible and will use the oil pump and filter mount from an Xterra because it relocates the oil filter and gives it a little forward angle to make oil changes a little easier. Having said all that, I'm in design phase but will post updates and what I learn along the way as I make progress in my swap thread in Members Rides section.

TXPower

I am running all the accessories of an xterra in order to avoid needing the adapter from mr.510 since I too could not get a hold of him when we started my new supercharged 3.3 motor all of them are located in the proper place to fit in a pathfinder or hardbody instead of using the pathfinder 3.3 accessories.

I am running all the accessories of an xterra in order to avoid needing the adapter from mr.510 since I too could not get a hold of him when we started my new supercharged 3.3 motor all of them are located in the proper place to fit in a pathfinder or hardbody instead of using the pathfinder 3.3 accessories.

Oh really? That's interesting, i knew the accessories were in similar locations but thought there was tiny differences. Would all the AC lines work?

Not sure on ac I am not putting mine back on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ah but everything else worked? So you used everything from the VG33?

My (limited) understanding is that the motor from a Frontier or Xterra (but not an R50) has its accessories mounted in a way that fits the WD21 engine bay. Hooking up the power steering and alternator shouldn't be a problem, but the A/C compressor lines don't match. If you wanted to keep AC, you'd have to remove your existing pump and adapt the new one to work with the existing lines. You'd want a shop to drain the system and fill it afterwards, and probably to adapt the lines (unless you have TIG welding gear). I don't remember when the switch from R12 to R134a was, but if you have R12, good luck getting it refilled.

It looks like you could swap pulleys between the two compressors, but the mounts and lines would still be wrong.

The nice thing about the adaptor pulley is that you just swap your old brackets and accessories onto the new motor, and you don't have to screw around with the refrigerant.

My (limited) understanding is that the motor from a Frontier or Xterra (but not an R50) has its accessories mounted in a way that fits the WD21 engine bay. Hooking up the power steering and alternator shouldn't be a problem, but the A/C compressor lines don't match. If you wanted to keep AC, you'd have to remove your existing pump and adapt the new one to work with the existing lines. You'd want a shop to drain the system and fill it afterwards, and probably to adapt the lines (unless you have TIG welding gear). I don't remember when the switch from R12 to R134a was, but if you have R12, good luck getting it refilled.

It looks like you could swap pulleys between the two compressors, but the mounts and lines would still be wrong.

The nice thing about the adaptor pulley is that you just swap your old brackets and accessories onto the new motor, and you don't have to screw around with the refrigerant.

Yeah i have considered using the vg33 crank + adaptor but I think I will end up just using the vg30 crank and swapping everything including the water/oil pumps. Really easy swap for me because I have limited knowledge and fabrication skills.

• 2 weeks later...

whats the reasoning for mixing and matching parts between the VG30 and VG33? why not just swap the whole thing or would that not fit? I'm a newb so never did one of these swaps! would the headers fit the vg33 heads without issue?