flairs & adding a 31x10.5 on a swing tire mount

Guest jonathanb18

Guest jonathanb18

I have BFG AT's that are 31 and im getting some rubbing when going up hill and turning the wheel a little bit. anyone ever remove the fender flairs? i saw a thread about it a while back but i cant find it.

Edited by jonathanb18

Guest jonathanb18

also, rather then making a new thread ill just ask my other question on this one. are there any problems with adding a 31x10.5 tire as a spair? im going to get an extra 15x7 rims so they are all the same size.

Guest jonathanb18

thats what i figured on the bolts, im going to replace them with some rounded top skrews.

and about the spair, good know know. i took a local big brand tires(the guy was cluless) and he said i would need to weld bigger boltes on first before i could put that big of a tire on.

thanks, ill try to get some picuters up after i get my outlaw II's

Try turning the wheel and looking at where the tire is closest in travel to the flare, as well as looking for obvious rubbing. When mine was stock height, my 31's would rub. I just trimmed an inch or so on the front/bottom of the flare near the bumper, as well as the ends of that valance thing under the bumper. Done, no rubbing at all.

and about the spair, good know know. i took a local big brand tires(the guy was cluless) and he said i would need to weld bigger boltes on first before i could put that big of a tire on.

BS, you should be fine, there are people with larger wheels and tires mounted on them then what you're planning.

• 2 weeks later...