Shock length.

dthemiley

I don't have much experience with suspensions and such so I need help. I'm running a 3 inch lift. Putting in that was a learning curve all on its own. I bought some pro comp es3000 from 4 wheel parts. The guy behind the counter ordered up the stuff and sent me on my way. I pulled out a rear shock to compare to the original one. They are the same length. Im going to try and take back the rear shocks but what length do I need? I read somewhere that a f250 shock is the right length but does anyone have a measurement? Or did the ac coils I put in lift way more than 3 inches? http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/01/

upy6a2yz.jpg here is the truck.

I don't have much experience with suspensions and such so I need help. I'm running a 3 inch lift. Putting in that was a learning curve all on its own. I bought some pro comp es3000 from 4 wheel parts. The guy behind the counter ordered up the stuff and sent me on my way. I pulled out a rear shock to compare to the original one. They are the same length. Im going to try and take back the rear shocks but what length do I need? I read somewhere that a f250 shock is the right length but does anyone have a measurement? Or did the ac coils I put in lift way more than 3 inches? http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/01/

upy6a2yz.jpg here is the truck.

hey boss im gunna try and make it even easier for ya.... just go to your local parts store and order some rancho rs5112's. i really dont remember what they were supposed to fit... but i can vouch they are more than long enough and a hell of a lot cheaper than 4x4parts.com.

i have them on my lifted pathy and she rides like a dream! But PLEASE make sure you put locktite on your upper control arm bolts. one of mine came loose and stripped out all the threads on my frame. i had to tap and die the frame for a larger bolt.

• 1 month later...

You use any hoop shock for the rear as long as they are longer then stock. Anything off of a truck should work as long as they are hoop shocks. I got a set of long travel shocks off cl for 20 bucks

Sent from my Z795G using Tapatalk

Yeah I had mine strip out when I put the UCA on. I just put inserts in all four holes. I ended up going back to the store and a different guy just exchanged them for 3 inch longer ones. I guess the first guy who helped me just confused me. I really like my procomps.

hmmmm i gotta order up some new rears when i lift... i forgot about that bit. wanna toss some clues onto which shocks you ended up with? lol

• 7 months later...

I have the adjustable Rancho 9000 on mine with a 3in calmani SL. I like the the rears are nice, I feel like the drinks are a bit soft for hard off roading even when cranked up to 9. For daily driving I have them at 7 front and 5 rear when I am emptier. When I have my gear or out of roading I am at 9 all the way around. With the rear feeling good. That is with 33" BFG KM2s

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...