ECU code 51. Injector circuit. Help

mikestewart395

That comes down to harness connector or injector. I'd start by checking the passenger side wher it is easy, you have a 50% chance of getting lucky. Check the wiring harness visually for any possible damage, check each injector connector for corrosion/integrity and check the pins on the injector with a multimeter for resistance, It should be 10-14 ohms.

Check out Diagnostic procedure #35 on page 108 of the FSM, EC-108. It has all the harness test specs as well.

B

• Like 1

I'll add, when testing the injectors for resistance, make sure the terminals on the injectors are good and clean before you rule them out as faulty!!! I "had to" replace two injectors, well, once I had them out, and scraped the terminals with a flat screwdriver, magically they showed the proper resistance!

• 3 months later...

The day after I replaced the injector I took it to work, it went into limp mode on the first stretch. At lunch I drove it and I let it rev up tp 5k rpm. I am thinking the ECM needed a restart or something. Then I ran out of gas, lol. Now it is still sitting in timeout, I should be done repairing the fuel sending unit tonight. Thank you JB Weld!!!!! That stuff is awesome. But after I got it back to work I took it in the woods and turned it loose and it was running good. Not confirmed 100% yet, but it was doing good at the time.

• 2 weeks later...