2014 pathfinder vs 2014 kia sorento

pedal to the metal? the cvt must really suck more than i thought!

he is also the reason that today's midsize suv's SUCK. "not everyone is going to be taking their midsize suv's off road in these conditions" LOL my truck could have crawled up that with ease!

Edited by Kyle94

I picked up a 2013 Pathfinder last year for the wife. Mainly because it was the only SUV that would actually fit her family and out of all of the new fugly car designs I thought it looked the least fugly.

I would NEVER take it off road. When I was talking to the dealer about the 4WD option they laughed. So we have the 2WD. This thing would need like a 1 FOOT lift before I would consider going offroad and that would look pretty ridiculous on this body style, but I suppose that's true of all of today's "SUVs".

I will say this: it does drive nice. Much more of a car than truck. MPG is pretty decent. I get about 18.5 city and I abuse the hell out of it.. I like to drive fast and go WOT all the time. It's pretty peppy; although 2nd gear is a little weak for my tastes. If I'm on a backroad doing 75 and need to pass someone, I can easily gun it to 100+ in no time. Suspension is better than the review gives credit for (at least on-road). Driving at 120 still feels like I'm going 60 and body roll is generally tolerable in the turns. All in all it's not too bad.

seeing as most 4x4 SUVs never even see gravel. the new Pathy is the most logical step. The thing is that those of us who do venture off road lament the fact that we have less and less choices available to us.

:(

Edited by bushnut
  • Like 2

The thing is that those of us who do venture off road lament the fact that we have less and less choices available to us.

That sums it up. I haven't checked but is the Xterra getting the axe? As long as they refresh the Frontier nicely and it comes with a diesel. Then that may be my next vehicle.

Sent from my Moto X

If it is, they didn't kill it for '15 as they had them at the car show last week.

Looks basically the same. Was crawling around and noticed there are still relatively few differences between the xterra's and the old pathys, even now 20 years later.. Similar suspension (w/ bilstein shocks).. Lots of nice options on the xterra but I just feel beholden to my '93 for some damned reason..

seeing as most 4x4 SUVs never even see gravel. the new Pathy is the most logical step. The thing is that those of us who do venture off road lament the fact that we have less and less choices available to us.

Agreed.

Sums it up for me as well.

If it is, they didn't kill it for '15 as they had them at the car show last week.

Looks basically the same. Was crawling around and noticed there are still relatively few differences between the xterra's and the old pathys, even now 20 years later.. Similar suspension (w/ bilstein shocks).. Lots of nice options on the xterra but I just feel beholden to my '93 for some damned reason..

Quite a different suspension. 5 link and torsion bars, verses leafs and coil overs. that said it still a body on frame, solid rear axle part time 4wd SUV. just with another 120HP :)

I think the point at the end about them both getting whooped by a Honda Pilot was most telling...

Also, as a side note, a new Subaru Legacy has nearly the same clearance as the new pathfinder. And that, for all intents and purposes, is a sedan.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked up a 2013 Pathfinder last year for the wife. Mainly because it was the only SUV that would actually fit her family and out of all of the new fugly car designs I thought it looked the least fugly.

I would NEVER take it off road. When I was talking to the dealer about the 4WD option they laughed. So we have the 2WD. This thing would need like a 1 FOOT lift before I would consider going offroad and that would look pretty ridiculous on this body style, but I suppose that's true of all of today's "SUVs".

I will say this: it does drive nice. Much more of a car than truck. MPG is pretty decent. I get about 18.5 city and I abuse the hell out of it.. I like to drive fast and go WOT all the time. It's pretty peppy; although 2nd gear is a little weak for my tastes. If I'm on a backroad doing 75 and need to pass someone, I can easily gun it to 100+ in no time. Suspension is better than the review gives credit for (at least on-road). Driving at 120 still feels like I'm going 60 and body roll is generally tolerable in the turns. All in all it's not too bad.

We test drove a few today for the wife, she fell in love love love with it... I told her we could be twinsies, her look was priceless and the comment was along the lines of apples to rotted worm infested apples... If ain't American at least it's a Nissan, they also had an AWD NISMO juke all " murdered

" out kinda cute in a California short-shorts way

• 1 month later...

They call that Off Road? Sure there is no paviment, but really off road.......

Pathfinders are not longer off road suv, they are "city CUVS..."

• 4 weeks later...

Purely pathetic! The wife and I have been casually looking at new vehicles for her (maybe in the next year or so we'll pull the trigger) and even she's at a loss. Thank god she refuses to be caught dead driving a minivan, we both hate all the new stuff out there, the only exception being the Xterra. Who knows, we may end up looking for a low mileage, well cared for R51 when the time comes. After looking around, it'll be a while before I'll be able to pry her out of her '01 R50...

• 1 year later...