BFG km vs km2's

jhamelin819

I have had both. The original KM's are getting hard to find as they are moving over to the 2's. I really didn't want to change my tires, but I had such good luck with them. I dove in and got the KM2's and was pleasantly surprised! They are quieter than the originals and tear it up off road. I have almost 40,000 miles on them now with no weird wear or issues.

Ran both, same size (33x10.50), both wore well and evenly. Only difference I can really point to is the KM's performed better in deep snow, KM2's were quieter.

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I was getting at!

I've put at least 10,000 on my KM2's and love them, but I can't say anything about the KM's other than I have heard they are better off road than KM2's and louder on pavement.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the km2 and my buddy has the km and I thing his tire chip off more then mine. Both tires good but km stair steps on the tread more them the km2. Makes it for a bad ride on the street

Sent from my Z795G using Tapatalk

I love my KM2's so far... They are aggressive looking! cant wait to take them off road and see what they can really do. I don't understand why someone wouldn't like them? They are a little noisy on the street but it doesn't bother me.

• 2 months later...

I work with tire all day and I have had bot I had kms on my Cherokee now I have km2s on my r50 and honestly other than the fact the km2s have a softer tire shell and carcass which Is why there quieter on the street but don't let the lack of sound fool you there atleast one and a half time better off road traction and even with out bead locks, at 10 psi there grip is outstanding. As stated the kms are being phased out cause after 10,000+ k miles they chop to the point where it's better to throw them away than ride on them (personally experienced) so they took Baja t/a tread tech and mixed it with km tech to come up with a super soft km2 tire which I think is well worth 200+ for a 33 inch tire