1994 auto tranny

Guest tonkatoy

Guest tonkatoy

Hi!

I am aving a problem when I drive I have to start slow and everytime it goes to shift gears I have to back off the gas or it screams!! If I try to be aggresive it screams. Does anyone else have or experienced this before? What was the fix?

It ran fine until last thursday, then it started.

I have 93,000 on it the fluid level is fine, I only drive about 30 miles total a week, so it's not abused.

If anyone has had this problem please throw some advice my way.

Thanks Tonkatoy

Sounds like your tranny is working in power mode for some reason. Try reseting your tranny computer. Disconnect your battery and tap your brake to disscharge any voltage left in the system, this will reset your computer.

If this doesn't work, you can try replacing the filter and fluids in the tranny. I did this to mine last week when I thought I had lost my tranny and it fixed my problem. My fluids where still looking good (not low or burnt looking).

Denis

sounds like the problem i had, how fast do you drive? does it shift when you let off the gas? do you still have reverse? whats the rpm before you let off the gas to shift?

id flush it and change the filter, the flushing may sweep out some material pointing out pluas able problem.

Guest tonkatoy

Thanks Guy's!

I had the fluid change and had Tranny tested it was some solenoid that was going bad, luckly I found and Honest transmission guy! I know don't faint! Any way he change fluid and replace the bad part and only charged me 150.00 I think it was an excellent deal, she is shifting a little differently but O.K. just now it seems to run the RPM's up a little higher before shifting. Thanks for the advice!!!