Replacing side mirror

stenk

Hello,

I have a question about Pathy side mirrors. I have 88 2door Pathfinder with non heated power mirrors. I bought a new genuine right side mirror but I can't find a new one for driver's side. I thought that maybe I can replace it with a newer genuine heated power mirror.

Do the heated ones look exactly the same or not? I mean the size, shape, color (new mirror's color isn't really black, it is gray/dark silver or smth). I have always thought that they were black when new, but the sun has faded the color.

I know that the heated mirror has two plugs, so I would leave the one for heating system empty and use only the adjustment one. Is it possible? Is the wiring still the same and the newer year mirror functions properly with my Pathy because they were available from year 92- ?

I haven't found any good pictures from internet to see if are the same or not.

The mirror I already bought has a part number 9630107G00 (right side)

I would like to buy a mirror that has a part number 9630257G00 (left side) because 9630207G00 is not available.

Hope you can help me :) ,

Sten

Edited by stenk

My mirrors on WhiteOwl (who is an 88 and was equipped with non heated power) are off a 93 and are heated power mirrors. I can't comment on the shade of 'black' as I went to chromie-homies but don't see why the color should vary unless you buy an off brand compared to a factory Nissan one, but they bolt right on and the needed plug is the same :aok:

Yes, I want buy only OEM mirror. It's good to know that the plugs are still the same and the mirror adjustment will work with the newer heated mirror. :)

Nunya, did you also leave the heated system plug open in the door and you use only the adjustement one? Or did you make the heating system work?

As far as I know, the mirror heating system will work together with back door window heating and they're under the same button? Am I right?

Thanks,

Sten

Edited by stenk

Disregard my heat question, figured it out, heat comes on when the rear defroster is turned on.

Did you check with Rob on the forum to see if he could get you the OEM mirror?

Edited by ahardb0dy

I left the defroster plugs dangling inside the doors with future plans of wiring them into the rear defroster once I acquired harnesses. My distaste for wiring has held that project of for a day or 2 though... Maby longer

All the mirrors swap, 87-95. If you buy them used, the color of black will be different on each one because of different amounts of sun fading.

Agreed.

manual, power, heated; They will all mount to your vehicle.

power, heat, etc working is a different matter.

All the mirrors swap, 87-95. If you buy them used, the color of black will be different on each one because of different amounts of sun fading.

I bought my driver's mirror used and the fading is close enough that I haven't noticed any color difference. Maybe an Arizona mirror on a Seattle truck would show.