Some problems

jnep

I bought my 2.5 diesel 171 hp Pathfinder a little cheap so i was expecting problems and here they are:

-my turbine is whistling , i asked around and looked on the internet and some say the bearings are done and if is true i can find them anywhere to buy them? dose a turbine from a 2010 pathfinder fit mine ? i found 1 for 250e

-my Ac compressor got blocked (don't know why) and damaged the electromagnetic clutch , any chance to fix the compressor or i have to replace it.

- my fog lights don't work , i measured the voltage and i have no voltage in the + wire , i have only 1 command on the fog switch and only the back fog works , fuses are ok the relay is ok but not working , maybe it's not the relay that should be there ( i will put some pictures)

-another thing i noticed , when i am in very low speed10-20km/hr i pres the clutch and put in second gear or 20-30km/hr and put in third gear , i put my foot down on the acceleration to 4000+ rpm and release the clutch , the car enters lets say safe mode and runs like a tractor , i have to stop the engine and wait for 10-20 sec to start (if i don't wait the engine starts and dies) and everything comes back to normal.

Is this a safety system to protect the clutch ?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my 2.5 diesel 171 hp Pathfinder a little cheap so i was expecting problems and here they are:

-my turbine is whistling , i asked around and looked on the internet and some say the bearings are done and if is true i can find them anywhere to buy them? dose a turbine from a 2010 pathfinder fit mine ? i found 1 for 250e

-my Ac compressor got blocked (don't know why) and damaged the electromagnetic clutch , any chance to fix the compressor or i have to replace it.

- my fog lights don't work , i measured the voltage and i have no voltage in the + wire , i have only 1 command on the fog switch and only the back fog works , fuses are ok the relay is ok but not working , maybe it's not the relay that should be there ( i will put some pictures)

-another thing i noticed , when i am in very low speed10-20km/hr i pres the clutch and put in second gear or 20-30km/hr and put in third gear , i put my foot down on the acceleration to 4000+ rpm and release the clutch , the car enters lets say safe mode and runs like a tractor , i have to stop the engine and wait for 10-20 sec to start (if i don't wait the engine starts and dies) and everything comes back to normal.

Is this a safety system to protect the clutch ?

The turbochargers are the same part number for production dates 09/2006 - 01/2010. The 01/2010-11/2013 are different. It would depend on the production date of the 2010 you are looking at, If the production date is before 01/2010 it will work.

The part numbers that will work on your truck are P/N 14411-EC0C and 14411-EC00E.

Nissan does not provide parts to rebuilt an AC compressor. You can get the clutch as a seperate part, or the entire compressor with the clutch. Based on what you are describing you probably need and entire new compressor.

Fog lights not working may be the switch itself is bad and needs to be replaced. Also make sure the fog light bulbs are good.

The last part seems to be something to do with the turbocharger when the turbine "spools up". It could be because you have a bad turbocharger. It could also be a bad Turbo Boost Controller or a vacuum hose leak for the turbocharger or wastegate.

Edited by Alkorahil