One reason I won't buy a new'ish Pathfinder

mikestewart395

they really don't make vehicles for real people anymore do they?

never mind having muddy or snow covered boots, how about putting 2 kids and a dog in the back seat?

I'd like to punch the guy who decided to merge Luxury and 4x4.

• Like 1

I don't mind the luxury (in '98) stuff mine came with. But I also don't mind hosing out the back when the dog get a little sea sick back there, after all it is my work and play truck. I'd gladly trade my carbon fiber dash trim for some exterior sheet metal that wasn't bio-degradable though.

So you want a DeLorean? Because that is about all that won't rust away where they spread salt... :shrug:

Actually, our R50 probably looked a lot like that when it was new, with the same faux wood and cream leather interior before it got dirty and sun faded; it is still rather nice. Absolutely not what I would choose for a wheeler but it is pleasant to get groceries in... :D

B

I'll pass on the DeLorean. I had to do some minor bodywork around the read wheel wells and fender lips when I got the truck and I don't mind doing some more come warmer weather. It's funny how the doors are spotless but I have a hole rusted through the hood. The front fenders are goners thought. All and all not to bad for 16 years old.

Car makers cater to what people will buy. As much as I would love to see the new Pathfinder be a rugged off-road vehicle, I am not a customer that would buy it new. Pretty hard to sell to the second set of owners I think.

• Like 1

Pretty nice interior, like others have said a QX4 of my vintage had a similar, if not even nicer interior. Also, I like that they used some design elements from the R50 doors.... On the other hand the R50s still maintained a rugged image by actually having real 4x4 and usable clearance. Plus unstoppable wheeling described here: :laugh:

Anyway, I bought the SE specifically to avoid leather (one of my tenants of buying my SUV), and have made sure to get it wet, dirty, and sometimes spilled on. :happy: There's a new pathfinder at my work, and I sometimes park next to it. Surprisingly I saw it with actual mud on it! Must have gotten it up to the snow from this weekend's storm, where I imagine it would be at least halfway decent.

Edited by Karmann