Ballsie

Here is my chit:

02 QX4 4x4

New Fleury 2" lift spacers

New KYB shocks

New KYB struts

New camber bolts

New Hankook Dynapro ATm 255/70/17. No wheel spacers and no rubbing at all

I think I'm going to swap out the rear shocks with a stiffer set (any suggestions that will bolt right up?). As the rear sways a little too much for my taste.

Receiver hitch and roof rack are next, and then I'm done!

Anyhow, here are the before/after pictures:

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

• Like 2

Looks nice!

You could stiffen up the rears with some airbags. Very cheap, super easy to install yourself and great for if you have to carry loads or tow - just pump them up to level the car again.

Is the swaying at speed? ?If so, the swaying could be your rear trailing arm bushes - the lift might have finished them off. Pretty common on our rigs.

Edited by SMOKEYR50

Looks good. As far as the rear, I would suggest some Bilsteins- either 4600 or 5100 will work very well to stiffen it up. If you measure correctly, supposedly there is a model of 5160 which fits too.

Looks nice!

You could stiffen up the rears with some airbags. Very cheap, super easy to install yourself and great for if you have to carry loads or tow - just pump them up to level the car again.

Is the swaying at speed? ?If so, the swaying could be your rear trailing arm bushes - the lift might have finished them off. Pretty common on our rigs.

Yeah, If I swerve while driving the rear end sways a little more than I want it to. It drives fine, I just dont want an over correction if I have to swerve from something in the road. I forgot about helper bags. I will look into them. I will be pulling a pop up camper with the truck, so bags would be a grat idea!

Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, If I swerve while driving the rear end sways a little more than I want it to. It drives fine, I just dont want an over correction if I have to swerve from something in the road. I forgot about helper bags. I will look into them. I will be pulling a pop up camper with the truck, so bags would be a grat idea!

Thanks for the tip.

It sounds like you are describing oversteer. This isn't really from the rear suspension compressing too much...and you don't fix that type of issue with stiffer springs.

Have you removed or changed any sway bars front or rear?

No, the sway bars are the originals and are still there. The truck has 110k miles and it didnt not sway like this before all the work I just completed. It has to be something to do with the 2" spacers on the rear springs. Like I said, you have to swerve pretty hard to feel it, but its definitely there and I want to sort it out.

• 2 months later...

just wondering if anyone can answer my question, with the 2 inch spacers, how much camber alignment is needed? and how are the bolts installed?

Edited by jhamelin819