moog tie rods and center link

Nissanland

I don't know much about these compared to other brands, I have been trying to pull up the grass roots c/l without any luck. I need to get new rods and link. I don't rock crawl, or anything crazy, this is a dd/trail rig only. I don't want to spend an arm/leg for the parts, but I do want to get quality parts. I had the truck inspected by a good shop, and was told that the parts were all factory installed, so 235k isn't so bad when you think in those terms. LOL. I have read the few write ups but seems like a one side opinion though, and I think y'all have been giving me good insight all along. I'm just wanting a good safe truck that my wife and daughter's can drive w/o wandering around as they go down the road. Thanks in advance for your help...

Also would like to know the difference between moog, mevotech, and beck arnley. They are almost always listed together and have similar prices. Auto parts warehouse list FEQ $50 for inner/,outer & sleeve. And $100 for a no name center link. Rock auto list moog center link for $77 but tie rods and sleeve for $65 per side. Just curious to know what's a good price range and rip off point. I'm not paying AutoZone $153 for the c/l and $86 per side for tie rods and sleeve. Thanks again

Moog is good stuff. I have never bought beck arnley but mevotech is junk.

For the centerlink I would grab the grassroots one if you can. If you plan on doing any wheeling with the lifted suspension it will wear stock ones out real quick! Honestly I went through like 4 of the moog ones!

I would go with MOOG. I just replaced my tie rods with MOOG and they looked really beefy and of good quality. Also, they were made in Japan and so is the truck so should be good. I've had beck/arnley sway bar links on my truck for the last year or so with no issues.

we used moog parts for the old ladys 2wd steering swap. SUPER beefy parts. best oem replacement parts i have seen for the pathy/hardbody suspension.

p.s. i have now been running my truck for 2 years solid with the same crappy aftermarket 2wd center link and tie rods (total cost was under 100$ for all 3 items) and my trucks steering is still as tight as the day i put it in. the 2wd swap is DEFINITELY WITHOUT A DOUBT stronger than factory steering. i am still running the 33x12.5 tires on 15x10 steel rims with a 3 1/2" backspace and i daily drive and wheel my truck regularly. it is totally worth the investment if you plan on lifting your suspension/wheeling. (this is with 3.5" front suspension lift, low pro bump stops AND 1" balljoint spacers)

I replaced my steering with the Grassroots centerlink and moog tie rod ends. I wanted moog cause they had grease holes zerks could be put in. I actually measured them and yes, they are larger than stock. I have wheeled my rig as well as up and down I-5 with no problems. Even for a daily driver, the grassroots centerlink with help keep your steering tight and alignment correct for a long time. You ain't to far from me if you wanna come check it out sometime.

I generally agree that Moog is a decent brand as well.

Here is an informative read. I trust Nunya when he says he has seen the Moog type fail prematurely, but I have not installed/dismantled one to compare it to the stock unit. What I like about the stock unit is that it holds up well with a brace and you can rebuild it, there are just a couple of plastic bushings in it.

Anyway, you read and decide...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/32411-solving-the-idler-arm-issues/?hl=idler&do=findComment&comment=611179

X2 on the Grassroots4x4 centerlink.

B

Has anyone ever done or seen a uni ball joint type link system to the center link? I was talking about it with a yota driver. He said it offers more deflection/angle and is stronger than tie rods, and easier to tune in your alignment. Just curious, I have only seen those on straight axle trucks.

Update, I have ordered all moog brand parts from rock auto, and there already sitting in the garage ready for me to come and install. I was able to get all four tie rods, center link, sleeves and tension rod bushings for $202 delivered. Look for those warehouse clear out markers. They save you big time.