My Nissan addiction is growing! Nissan for life! :)

Kyle94

i would just swap in a ka24de/altima trans setup. its a much better engine and would make that sentra a seriously fun car. your mileage will be nearly as good if not the same and you will have 155 hp 160 lb ft torque with a seriously bulletproof timing chain driven engine. you can usually get good shape ka24des for 150-200$ and ecus and harness are cheap as well, worth looking into anyways if you want to have a little upgrade :P i can say nothing but good things, my ka24de i have driven hard and maintained well its whole life and its at 270k KM and still pushing 180 psi on all cylinders. just had it smogged and it read literally 0 0 0 and 1 in the columns. it was better than just about any new car the guy running the thing said and its on a factory 21 year old cat with a full tune up otherwise. i have put the last 100 000 km on the car and the only thing i had to replace was the factory water pump. which on this engine takes about 20 minutes total. LOL

If I had the money id rather go sr... They end up I. Junkyards a lot in sentra. As Dennis said 5spd limited slip transmission. And over 130 hp. And only swapping parts.

I had the bottom end of the engine rebuilt on my Miata shortly after I bought it. Someone chime in if I'm wrong but, if I remember correctly, the rods and crankshaft are balanced.

Yes. But that requires machine work. Kyle wont do that.

Pull the intake. Take pics of the gasket.

It sounds like a bad ass intake leak.

FYI, you will loose cylinders (not compression) from this. Take the 5 minutes too do so. Might end up saving you some money.

Not that I really care. Just giving advice.

Edited by nismothunder

True, just sucks, 12mpg is killing me lol. No matter how I drive pathy it's the sane I swear... :blink: sentra would/should get 20-30

Wheels and tires are too heavy if you're only getting 12 mpg. I get 15-17 on wheelin trips.

SR20 also came in the 200SX

Only in the SE-R though. And please don't call it a 200SX. It's offensive to the REAL 200SX. The two door B14 sentra in SE-R trim is rare, relatively speaking, so good luck finding one.

newer sentra's say 200sx on the ass iirc... but yeah, something is WRONG with my truck. and i can't figure out/afford to pay. so it becomes wheeler and sentra becomes dd

I suppose it's possible. But it's either head gasket set for 120$ or engine, trans, and 800mile clutch for $200. :) I'll investigate it later since I actually get to keep the block.