Gas mileage

ahardb0dy

You obviously can't go by your gas gauge since the sender sticks or whatever, nor should you. The only way to determine mileage is by the math.

If you used 4-5 gallons to drive 32 miles, that would be 6.5-8mpg and that would mean you are leaving a trail of gas.

Different animals. WD21s are geared lower due to less power and more wind resistance. Our R50 cruises 68mph @ 2,500rpm to get 18-20mpg depending on terrain. Our WD21, not so much...

B

Different animal? Differant country, if we get caught doing that speed it call road racing and you get impounded. Not sure my RPM's if I was 30 KMs over the speed limit here.

We don't have big hyws. around here. The speed limit here is 80Km/h and at 90 you can get a ticket. I was driving 88 km/h @ 2000RPMs even. Since I put on the bigger tires I seem to be at maybe 1850 RPMS at 88km/h. New tires, I still to do some math.

Ha Ha. We do have the 401 Hyw. with a 100km/h speed limit and you'd get mowed down at that speed. You might get passed by a dump truck at 120. But I'm not on there often. They do post signs telling you your fine for different speeds.

Edited by kdj

Different animal? Differant country, if we get caught doing that speed it call road racing and you get impounded. Not sure my RPM's if I was 30 KMs over the speed limit here.

I meant you are comparing an R50 to a WD21. 68mph is road racing? :rofl:

I got pulled over doing 130mph once and just got a ticket for 90...

at 2500 RPM I'm only doing about 110km/h

Oddly enough, that equals 68.2mph... :D

B

I meant you are comparing an R50 to a WD21. 68mph is road racing? :rofl:

I got pulled over doing 130mph once and just got a ticket for 90...

Oddly enough, that equals 68.2mph... :D

B

Here in the province where fun forgot Ontario, you can actually get a ticket for "stunt driving" as they call it for going 68mph in some places. I can see why on a residential street, but others the speed limits are downright retarded.

We can thank premiere "dad" dalton mcguinty for bringing in this law a few years ago. My friend even got warned for stunt driving because he was doing donuts in an empty parking lot...

Edited by adamzan

Just filled my truck up, it wasn't empty

But wife said to fill it as we will be doing some driving today.

Drove 217.2 miles, truck took 13.337 gallons to fill, works out to 16.3 MPG

Going to replace the air filter, plug wires, cap and rotor tomorrow and next full up will see if that improves the MPG

Here in the province where fun forgot Ontario, you can actually get a ticket for "stunt driving" as they call it for going 68mph in some places. I can see why on a residential street, but others the speed limits are downright retarded.

We can thank premiere "dad" dalton mcguinty for bringing in this law a few years ago. My friend even got warned for stunt driving because he was doing donuts in an empty parking lot...

I just check it out-at 50kms over the limit your car is impounded for 7 days. If it's you first conviction it's between $2000 to $10,000 fine, 6 demerit points on your license, up to 6 months in jail and you can lose your license up to 2 years. If you get a second conviction the suspention can be up to 10 years. Think how much gas you could save by walking for ten years. What would we do without our politicians.

a couple of summers ago I borrowed my buddies Sentra to drive back home to the East Coast to see my dad. buddy was in CA and my dad was having heart troubles. I spent about $1200 in fuel, there and back (about 6000km). Last fall on my Honeymoon in the Pathfinder following mostly the same route but about 2000km more we spent about $1400. now fuel prices rise and fall but I was surprised how close they were in cost. I don't have a heavy right foot but I do remember that the sentra was gutless on the hills and I couldn't pass without pre planning.

I will have to agree that the R50s milage in the city sucks but on the hwy is not to bad if you don't push it.

they say the sentra ( my style B12) has like no power in 5th gear, and the Euro cam really helps it out but just removing my cat, I can drive 35 MPH in 5th no bogging or anything and the car pulls much better now.

if you get caught, as far as I know it was like that when I bought the car !!

Around here they would say "As far as I know you are walking untill you can pass an emission test"

Filled up tonight, took 72 litres. Not sure on the mileage because I swapped clusters back and forth trying to diagnose an electrical issue...But I did fill it up on Thursday, took 88.50 tonight :ohmy:

Filled up tonight, took 72 litres. Not sure on the mileage because I swapped clusters back and forth trying to diagnose an electrical issue...But I did fill it up on Thursday, took 88.50 tonight :ohmy:

How big is your tank? Mine is listed at 88 litres. I filled a 5 gallon gas can for the ATV today and it cost $38 88. The guy beside me at the gas station was laughing because his snowmoble only took $32.00.