Gas mileage

ahardb0dy

Hey thanks, for some reason I was thinking 88. I guess I'm not burning as much as I thought. I useally just put in $40 in when I'm going past the station then forget to set my trip meter.

they say the sentra ( my style B12) has like no power in 5th gear, and the Euro cam really helps it out but just removing my cat, I can drive 35 MPH in 5th no bogging or anything and the car pulls much better now.

How many HP do you think you gained with that mod?

If you remove the cat here its a huge fine.

It is illegal everywhere in the US as well, punishable by a fine and registration revocation until one is installed.

if you get caught, as far as I know it was like that when I bought the car !!

So, lying is convenient?

no emission or safety testing down here !

And witness the results.

B

"How many HP do you think you gained with that mod?"

I never claimed any boost in HP only MPG, which came up about 4 MPG, and I know it definitely pulls better in fifth.

"It is illegal everywhere in the US as well, punishable by a fine and registration revocation until one is installed."

Well hopefully no one turns me in,

"if you get caught, as far as I know it was like that when I bought the car !!"

that was a joke !!

I looked for a universal cat earlier, I guess I should put one back on, I don't want to harm the environment.

My stock cat was almost plugged up, here is a pic of the inlet side:

2mzhz53.jpg

I guess the correct thing to do would be to figure out why it got like that, wish I still had it, I could send it off to a lab to be analyzed.

Although it did have over 240K miles on it.

"And witness the results."

And what results would those be? The air is OK to breathe no smog, your eyes don't water just from walking outside?

I'm sure I am not the only one on here that ever removed a cat, and I'm sure everything in your life you do perfect, but Whatever makes you happy.

Personaly I think cats are worthless. Will they save the world? One burb from Mother nature and we are the way of the dino's. My comment was about the fact that if we don't pass e-test, we can't a get a new sticker for our plates. We don't even get new plates just a sticker. I keep mine in the glove box because I don't think it's enviromentaly friendly. I worry it may fall of a choke a Panda.

You aren't the first nor that last that I will bag on for removing a cat. That one obviously needed replacing, but to wilfully remove one is socially irresponsible. Just because the polution isn't directly impacting you doesn't mean it isn't being innecessarily created. Cheap aftermarket cats that don't hurt performance are readily available.

"And witness the results."

People who live in places that do not inspect vehicles tend to think polution controls are optional.

Nope, of course I'm not perfect but I do try to do things right, and a catalytic converter is a pretty easy thing to manage. :shrug:

B

Personaly I think cats are worthless. Will they save the world? One burb from Mother nature and we are the way of the dino's. My comment was about the fact that if we don't pass e-test, we can't a get a new sticker for our plates. We don't even get new plates just a sticker. I keep mine in the glove box because I don't think it's enviromentaly friendly. I worry it may fall of a choke a Panda.

I understand your comment, not a problem, I understand certain states have requirements, guess The state of Florida doesn't care about it's air or who is polluting.

Damn, how cold is it there now? I just filled the tank ( as the truck ran out of gas at about 60 feet from the entrance to the gas station ) on Thursday.

That's 81.2 liters and 454kms to EMPTY empty!

Maybe I need to stop with the weeknight parking lot drift sessions?

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

Mine, when driving conservatively on the highway will get about 140-170km to that point...City driving I get about 115 to each 1/4 roughly. Usually get 500 to about 65 liters of gas. Which works out to around 18 mpg. I can get low 20's on the highway in the summer. Winter is a write off dude to more idling and wheelspin haha.

If I'm only getting 70ish kms for the first quarter tank during the winter and half city half highway driving are we calling that bad?

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I feel you there. I'm currently getting on average 11mpg. What's odd is that I've very recently replaced plugs, cap, rotor, wires, coil, air filter, greased the connections on the passenger side injectors and imo this truck is now running better than it ever has, yet with much worse mileage.

Could be because i'm using 4wd more, warming it up more (between -5 and -30 all january long), but it's literally cut in half. I'd say about 50% of the time I let it run long enough to let the tranny fluid get warmed up to make shifting easier on my synchros but it's not like i"m letting it sit for a half hour at idle..

One thing that struck me was that I put 10w30 full syn in prior to a road trip in some extremely hot conditions last summer (115F in Moab, early July for example). I'm about due for an oil change and will be going w/ the typical 5w20 full syn, but could having such thick oil really bog the motor down that much? I mean once it's warm, it's warm. normal viscosity should return at proper operating temp, and I was consistently getting 15-19mpg on the freeway the entire road trip - over 1500 miles - with about 500# of gear in back, bikes on top, and two adults inside.

I have not replaced the o2 sensor since I bought the truck, and it's completely rusted in place so i need a new bung etc. but it throws no codes, doesn't stumble, doesn't seem to run rich or thin, etc.. Just gets 11mpg consistently.

Could my wheel bearings need grease? Could I be getting undue rolling resistance from something in the drive train by not fully unlocking the front hubs switching from 4wd in snow to 2wd on the freeway at stops/on the fly?

same climate as yours... i switched my tranny to mobil 1 synthetic, and the diffs to amsoil synthetic.... my hard shifts disappeared... now that could be because of the change, or synthetic, i'm not sure.

• 6 months later...

I really haven't had a chance since I have owned my Pathfinder to really get out on some open, flat highway until a round trip I made to the big city yesterday. Around town I get between 16-17 regularly but have really been curious about max mileage on the freeway. Since I have owned it I have installed Thorley headers, a cold air intake, 33x12.50's and use a full synthetic oil, other than that it is pretty much stock. Granted I only travel at between 60-65 but was astounded to find I was getting over 22 MPG. Wow! I could tell it was a lot better than normal when I was over 200 miles when the needle hit half way but I am highly pleased with the highway mileage I was getting....

I have a 2" lift with 31's. Manual transmission. At 70 mph I'm about 3000 rpm's. Back and forth from work I get 16-17 mpg. If I'm a longer trip I can get right around 20 mpg. I don't drive it like I stole it.