OBDII code P0152

theexbrit

I get this code intermittently on my 96 R50 4wd auto trans. I've searched the forums & the internet in general & the answers I got (P0152 Front O2 Sensor, Bank 2 Rich Shift Monitoring) don't tell me which sensor to buy. I'm looking at a Bosch or a Denso or an NGK but which one? Also, is it the sensor in front of the cat or after the cat? :scratchhead:

Thanks in advance......

Bosch is the original sensor supplier.

Bank 2 is driver's side on R50s! Bank 1 is the side with cylinder 1 (passenger) and bank 2 is the side with cylinder 2 (driver).

Get this sensor from AAP, throw in a PureOne PL14610 oil filter and use coupon code TRT37 and get it all for $45.08 before any applicable tax. Pick-up in store.

Edited by Towncivilian
  • Like 2

Bosch is the original sensor supplier.

Bank 2 is driver's side on R50s! Bank 1 is the side with cylinder 1 (passenger) and bank 2 is the side with cylinder 2 (driver).

Get this sensor from AAP, throw in a PureOne PL14610 oil filter and use coupon code TRT37 and get it all for $45.08 before any applicable tax. Pick-up in store.

Thanks guys. I was confused because I was found a couple of search results that stated bank 2 was the drivers side as Towncivilian says, but one source said it was the driver.. I guess I'll get the Bosch, thanks for the links :aok:

What does the FSM say about it? Hint...

Right bank=B1, left bank=B2 as per EC-178.

Left hand manifold cover=drivers side-US version as per EM-9.

US drivers side is bank 2.

NGK seem to work fine, in a WD21 anyway but I can't see there being a huge difference.

B

• Like 1

NGK seem to work fine, in a WD21 anyway but I can't see there being a huge difference.

B

I wondered when some smart-alecky youngster would chime in :rolleyes::laugh: :laugh:

The FSM says Bank 2, sensor 2. No harm in checking! :lol:

Hey now, just proving it rather than more conflicting input, Pops... ;)

I did have so look in two places to cross reference, so I can see the frustration. :tongue:

B

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Your input is always welcome, young Jedi.

B

Bank one is always the right side of the motor, bank 2 always the left.

On a transverse engine it is more fun, B1 is the right of the motor, rear of the vehicle. B2 is the left side of the motor, front of the vehicle.

• Like 1

I get this code intermittently on my 96 R50 4wd auto trans. I've searched the forums & the internet in general & the answers I got (P0152 Front O2 Sensor, Bank 2 Rich Shift Monitoring) don't tell me which sensor to buy.

Front sensor bank 2 is....

Oxygen Sensor: Sensor 1, Bank 2

Nissan Part Number: 22691-0W003

R50 VG33E Production Dates: 10/95-07/02

• Like 1

Ordered the sensor that Towncivilian recommended, got a great deal with the discount code & a wiper blade. :jig:

Turns out, it's the wrong sensor! :laugh: :laugh:

After much scratching of head & gnashing of teeth I figured out it's the DOWNSTREAM (after cat) driver side sensor!! :headwall: Part #13257, this sensor is 4 wire. The part #13228 is the driver side UPSTREAM sensor (before cat) & is 3 wire. :doh:

So, I get the new sensor in a couple of days. All's well that ends well :aok::itsallgood:

Thanks for all the help, we got there in the end.

I'm sorry, maybe I can't read today but I'm not certain what happened.

P0152 is the code for the left bank (B2) front heated oxygen sensor-rich shift monitoring.

I figured out it's the DOWNSTREAM (after cat) driver side sensor!!

That you ordered wrongly or the one that needs replacing? :scratchhead:

Just trying to clarify for the archives.

B

In the words of Mr. DP Gumby from Monty Python..... "My Brain 'Urts!".

I'm all f#*ked up, code P0152 is Bank 2, sensor 1. So assuming that sensor 1 is the upstream sensor (before cat), I sent back the correct sensor :headwall::doh: My sincere apologies to Towncivilian :aok:

P0158 is bank 2, sensor 2, the one I have now!!!!!! :crazy: The one that's not throwing a code!!

Excuse me while I go bash myself over the head with a 5lb club hammer............................................. :hide:

If you feel confused, you have company.

So assuming that sensor 1 is the upstream sensor (before cat)

Just to beat it to death (with no assuming) P0152 is the code the vehicle shows which states front O2 sensor, bank 2. P0158, which isn't a code you have, states rear O2 sensor, bank 2. We established B2 is the US drivers side, and I think we can all agree what the front of the vehicle is. P0152 should be for the O2 sensor before the cat, which is the 3pin as per your description and TC's provided link. Right? :unsure:

B

How about you just change both at this point and be done with it one way or another? :tongue:

Edited by Precise1
  • Like 1