bringing an 88 pathy back to life

A few weeks ago a buddy and me started to fix up an 88 that had been sitting around 10 years. we have replaced all the vacuum lines (about 1,000 miles) and fuel lines, got a new gas tank, fuel pump, fuel filter and cleaned out the carburetor, did an oil change. new slave cylinder and master cylinder. we got it to start and drove it around the yard but now she just wont run or idle or anything. This weekend we are gonna re-build the carburetor, Anything we should check on that might be wrong? thanks

Treat it like a tbi maybe you will have better luck. Make sure u have iac and your injectors are spraying properly, perhaps give it a tune up and make sure your fuel filter flow is going the right way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My tbi injectors are stuck wide ass open and pissing all over the place...we turn the key to ON and it just straight starts spraying fuel and when i mean fuel like holy @!*% stand back. i flooded the motor please help us out and if you of reasons to why it would be doing this please respond.

Unplug power from the injectors and see if they stop spraying, that will let you know if its electrical (ECU grounding and holding the injectors open or a wiring short). If they keep spraying you'll need to pull the throttle body and remove the injectors. You could try and have them cleaned, tap on the body a bit, or stick them in some lacquer thinner/ acetone to eat away the gunk. Even better if you have a jewelry cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...

Unplug power from the injectors and see if they stop spraying, that will let you know if its electrical (ECU grounding and holding the injectors open or a wiring short). If they keep spraying you'll need to pull the throttle body and remove the injectors. You could try and have them cleaned, tap on the body a bit, or stick them in some lacquer thinner/ acetone to eat away the gunk. Even better if you have a jewelry cleaner.

Unplugged them and they kept spraying now gonna pull them out and try to clean them up, thanks for the help

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...