The final word on lifting the R50 at a low Cost

fleurys

I'm happy to present to you the most easy and affordable way to level or lift your R50. Basically for years, there has been only two solutions : lift with AC springs for a 2" lift or Krypton Fab for 4". Krypton Fabrication is a great company and if you are looking for a 4" lift kit, they have a great product that will work for you. My hat to you guys !

On the other hand, AC springs, although of good quality, are costly. They also bring a new problem of their own called top-out. This is when the strut reaches it's maximum extension by making a loud noise. This is caused because the lift is reach by putting stiffer coils. By doing so, the unibody of the R50 sits higher on it's springs...but is also mean that the struts are almost at maximum extension....not good... (I know for a fact since I had , myself, to install limiting straps to prevent this problem).

4x4design.com now offers you a new low cost alternative for a 2" and lower lift. HDPE spacers have been around for many years and have been proven to work. Daystar is a good example that has been making spacers with aluminium , then changed to 'durathane'. This is their own recipe of polyurethane.

Spacers are great also because you keep you plush ride since you do not have to change expensive coils with stiffer ones !. Top-out is not a problem since you do not over-extent your struts.

For a complete comparison of 3 different spacers kit (with pictures), check out on the web site : http://4x4design.com/r50-lift-kit.php . From there you will SEE what different spacers give how much lift. From there, you will be able to order the right lift for you and your activities. It can go from a simple rear spacers only for towing or full front and rear lift. You can also use them to level your truck on the front.

Come see for yourselves ! http://4x4design.com/r50-lift-kit.php

Before lift:

image_zps71597a27.jpg

After 2" all around

image_zpsb643fcf9.jpg

Steve.

Edited by fleurys
  • Like 6

I have the AC lift plus your 1" HDPE spacers on the front. As Karman says, they are great! I've already given them a beating on 2 trips & no problem whatsoever! I had the HDPE spacers on when I bent my strut but the spacers weren't affected at all by what was a very nasty blow to the passenger side front wheel assembly. :aok:

• Like 2

I'm happy to present to you the most easy and affordable way to level or lift your R50. Basically for years, there has been only two solutions : lift with AC springs for a 2" lift or Krypton Fab for 4". Krypton Fabrication is a great company and if you are looking for a 4" lift kit, they have a great product that will work for you. My hat to you guys !

On the other hand, AC springs, although of good quality, are costly. They also bring a new problem of their own called top-out. This is when the strut reaches it's maximum extension by making a loud noise. This is caused because the lift is reach by putting stiffer coils. By doing so, the unibody of the R50 sits higher on it's springs...but is also mean that the struts are almost at maximum extension....not good... (I know for a fact since I had , myself, to install limiting straps to prevent this problem).

4x4design.com now offers you a new low cost alternative for a 2" and lower lift. HDPE spacers have been around for many years and have been proven to work. Daystar is a good example that has been making spacers with aluminium , then changed to 'durathane'. This is their own recipe of polyurethane.

Spacers are great also because you keep you plush ride since you do not have to change expensive coils with stiffer ones !. Top-out is not a problem since you do not over-extent your struts.

For a complete comparison of 3 different spacers kit (with pictures), check out on the web site : http://4x4design.com/r50-lift-kit.php . From there you will SEE what different spacers give how much lift. From there, you will be able to order the right lift for you and your activities. It can go from a simple rear spacers only for towing or full front and rear lift. You can also use them to level your truck on the front.

Also, as a promotion, get 10% off your purchase when you buy a kit (front and rear spacers) !

Come see for yourselves ! http://4x4design.com/r50-lift-kit.php

Before lift:

image_zps71597a27.jpg

After 2" all around

image_zpsb643fcf9.jpg

Steve.

How do the strut spacers prevent the strut assembly from drooping too far and allowing the CV axles from exceeding their operating angle when the front wheels are off the ground?

My spacers do not prevent this kind of thing....neither does the ac springs or any other way of lifting this truck.

My lift gives the same height as the AC springs but at a very different cost. This kind of lift (height) has been tested by me and by many others.. 2.5" lift is not enough to make the half shaft fall by itself.. Actually I believe the snap ring on the half shaft is there exactly for that reason... I think binding in the joint would occur before the half shaft coming out...

I have tested my wheels of the ground on many occasion with a lift higher than this ( I run AC springs plus 1" spacers) and I can assure you it is fine... If you are too concerned, you can opt for a lesser lift like 1.5 or even just 1".

Regards.

S.

Very Nice looking spacers! So am I just missing it on your website or what but I cant see the pricing for the "kit", just the pricing for what the front costs and the rear costs?? Is there a "kit" price, or is it just the individual (front & back) prices added together?

As soon as I can afford it this will be the first thing I order for my 03 SE 4x4! 2" front and rear is what I'm hoping for, but just wondering if I should upgrade coils at the same time? Any feedback would be great!

I don't advise upgrading coils to AC and having spacers... you will go over the limit of your half shaft maximum angle... it's one or the other.... or even ac coils + 1" spacer.

S.

I'd recommend the IronMan springs if you have to replace your stock springs. they will only lift the front 35mm so with spacers you can lift to about 2" and not change CV angles out of spec. the rear will lift close to 2" even without spacers. more importantly it will allow higher payload without sagging, while maintaining a great ride quality. Remember to replace rear shocks with longer than stock if lifting.

• 1 month later...

Fleurys with these front the 2 inch spacer provides 2.5 inches of lift, do you make a 2.5 inch spacer for the front that would provide 3 inches of lift? Or would this be to much stress on the cv's? Because I see people using the AC lift with your 1 inch spacers which I'm assuming would be 3 total inches of front lift. Can these be done? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes simply combine a 1" and a 1.5" that i already sell.

I would not know though if this creates to much angle on the cv... Sorry we did not try this combination.

Contact me by pm if you want to go this way, and i'll give you a price for this combination.

S.

I would be interested in this combo for 3 inches in front and 2.5 inches in the back to level it out. I'm just worried that May to much angle. Anyone have any input in this that may have the 2 inch AC with 1 inch spacer combo?? Any issues you see may occur? I plan on replacing my stock coils with new ones but just oem coils not lift coils, just so they're new and not saggy.

I have a 2inch lift with a 35mm spacer from Snake Racing (I'm in Australia). This adds to about a 3.5" lift once you take into account the extra weight from bullbar/lightbars/1000cca battery etc......and I get some issues with binding. I would say you'd be pushing it.