The final word on lifting the R50 at a low Cost

fleurys

Steve, I found you on EBay & it took me a while to piece together that you were Steve/fleury/SFC Creation. I emailed you re skid plates & will get some when I'm ready. It's kind of funny because I thought, "Hey look, this guy has copied fleury's missing link" on his skid plate". I'm WAY more comfortable buying from SFC now that I know it's you (Your positive forum references are nearly countless). I also was really impressed that you pointed out Gspeed151s strut mounting oversight-everyone needs a guardian angel! You should find some way to link SFC with your forum ID so people will realize your credentials!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve, I found you on EBay & it took me a while to piece together that you were Steve/fleury/SFC Creation. I emailed you re skid plates & will get some when I'm ready. It's kind of funny because I thought, "Hey look, this guy has copied fleury's missing link" on his skid plate". I'm WAY more comfortable buying from SFC now that I know it's you (Your positive forum references are nearly countless). I also was really impressed that you pointed out Gspeed151s strut mounting oversight-everyone needs a guardian angel! You should find some way to link SFC with your forum ID so people will realize your credentials!

hey Thanks for the good words.

Helping in here is pretty much a given from everyone.. This forum has been very good to me from the beginning , when I just bought my pathfinder to now, selling parts for it. As for linking my id in the forum..I guess the issue is when people access the forum from tapatalk... This app does not display the signatures.... and this is where I'm counting on the this to follow all my post so people knows that it's me... I guess if you access the forum from a web page directly , you should see my signature and therefore realize that it's me....

If you have any suggestions for making a better job at it, please tell ! :-)

Cheers,.

I had been doing everything by laptop until today. I've been voraciously reviewing posts to figure out the feasibility & financial commitment to doing a build. Also to get back up to date once I decided to commit. It actually was your BC location & the fact that the pics on the SFC web site were the same Path I'd seen on the forums linked to you that clued me in. Then the skid plate, spacer & missing link commonalities all fell into place. Frankly it's the 4+ Identities you have that make it confusing. All the old posts are just fleurys & that's how everybody refers to you. Also there are broken links to a prior "storefront" like what started this digression. Your current signature helps but I would also mention SFC Creation on your eBay stuff as I would googled it independent of eBay if I had seen it. Also, I would mention your fleurys ID & the NPORA forum (& any others you might be on) on your SFC website. Additionally, there is a way to add Google "tags" to bring you up better in searches but I don't really know that stuff. I look forward to getting some skid plates & maybe some spacers from you once I've got my bumper problem solved! : )

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Wondering how everyones front 2" lift spacer, a 1.5" actual size spacer has affected your half shafts long term? I got the sfcreations 2" spacers for a 2.5" lift and keep binding and ruining halfshafts. I'm gonna get sfcreations 1.5" spacers or ac 2" lift springs because I'm sick of breaking halfshafts. Is a 1.5" spacer still gonna bind halfshafts?

Wondering how everyones front 2" lift spacer, a 1.5" actual size spacer has affected your half shafts long term? I got the sfcreations 2" spacers for a 2.5" lift and keep binding and ruining halfshafts. I'm gonna get sfcreations 1.5" spacers or ac 2" lift springs because I'm sick of breaking halfshafts. Is a 1.5" spacer still gonna bind halfshafts?

You have already been told any spacer will bind shafts. It will happen at full droop. A 1.5” spacer is ok on factory springs be because the spring is so soft it doesn’t fully extend strut. But you will bind at full extension and maybe even before then.

2 hours ago, R50JR said:

You have already been told any spacer will bind shafts. It will happen at full droop. A 1.5” spacer is ok on factory springs be because the spring is so soft it doesn’t fully extend strut. But you will bind at full extension and maybe even before then.

I have broken a few shafts with 2" of spacers just turning right into a parking spot, it's hard for me to believe  .5" less of spacer would be any different. It's also hard for me to believe that a .5" ome lift spring plus a 1" spacer would be any different than a 1.5" spacer and break my halfshaft right away because according to your logic a lift spring doesn't cause binding so technically I would be running an even smaller spacer with a half inch lift spring. I can see adding a spacer to an AC 2" lift spring being a problem and as others said anything over 2" will cause problems but telling me a 1" spacer and .5" ome lift springs will break a halfshaft right away when I have talked to a few people now who have done just that and had no binding with the wheel off the ground is just wrong. I don't need you coming in another thread and being a dick when I am just asking for others experience with 1.5" spacers. I'm getting tired of pulling my front suspension apart and getting my truck realigned because flury is selling spacers that are too big and doesn't bother to tell warn anyone about it. I have zero experience with the 1.5" spacer and if it still causes binding turning right into a parking spot I'm gonna be pissed!

Edited by bertrenolds

I have broken a few shafts with 2" of spacers just turning right into a parking spot, it's hard for me to believe  .5" less of spacer would be any different. It's also hard for me to believe that a .5" ome lift spring plus a 1" spacer would be any different than a 1.5" spacer and break my halfshaft right away because according to your logic a lift spring doesn't cause binding so technically I would be running an even smaller spacer with a half inch lift spring. I can see adding a spacer to an AC 2" lift spring being a problem and as others said anything over 2" will cause problems but telling me a 1" spacer and .5" ome lift springs will break a halfshaft right away when I have talked to a few people now who have done just that and had no binding with the wheel off the ground is just wrong. I don't need you coming in another thread and being a dick when I am just asking for others experience with 1.5" spacers. I'm getting tired of pulling my front suspension apart and getting my truck realigned because flury is selling spacers that are too big and doesn't bother to tell warn anyone about it. I have zero experience with the 1.5" spacer and if it still causes binding turning right into a parking spot I'm gonna be pissed!

Seems like it hard for you to believe a lot of things. This isn’t my logic, it is basic math. Do you think nissan engineers say, “gee maybe we should design the front strut to allow any amount of spacer for those npora guys?” Those numbers you see for the ome and ac lift amount are after the suspension settles. Brand new coils are VERY stiff so lift is nearly 2” if not the 2”. Fleury can sell whatever he wants to whom ever want to buy it. He doesn’t have to hold anyone’s hand for the installation or after. Every modification is done at your own risk. I’ll tell you what, I have probably pulled my suspension apart in the last month more than you ever have, but I am not crying online about it. Try using the search function and you will find more information than you need.

As an aside for those reading-

When you lift with a lift spring (OME, AC, etc) we put the spring into OEM spec struts. The strut limits the total length the assembly can be and therefore limits the total droop of your suspension. 

When you lift with a spacer, the spacer goes on top of the strut assembly. Therefore the total length possible will be the strut length plus the spacer. 

The CV axle has limits to the angle it can be at before it binds, on stock suspension that angle can't normally be reached. Typically with lift springs the strut length still isn't long enough to cause binding issues. If you have lift springs + spacer, or just a big spacer, then you're extending the length limit and could reach the binding angles when approaching your max droop.

That's one of the reasons why lift springs are different than lift spacers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my understanding.

Edited by zakzackzachary
  • Like 4