The final word on lifting the R50 at a low Cost

fleurys

• 2 weeks later...

After 2" all around

image_zpsb643fcf9.jpg

Steve.

So I can take my completely stock 2000 pathfinder and add the spacers that you list as giving this 2" lift and it'll look like this? Factory springs/shocks ?

So I can take my completely stock 2000 pathfinder and add the spacers that you list as giving this 2" lift and it'll look like this? Factory springs/shocks ?

Yes, this picture was taken with only the lift installed. You might need some camber bolts to align the front after the lift. The extra long rear shocks are optional if you plan on doing medium to hard off road, but are not necessary for the lift to be installed.

Cheers.

Yes, this picture was taken with only the lift installed. You might need some camber bolts to align the front after the lift. The extra long rear shocks are optional if you plan on doing medium to hard off road, but are not necessary for the lift to be installed.

Cheers.

What rear shocks are you running there, just curious? PS Thanks for the prompt reply.

Noticed the guy on the 2nd page who did the 2 inch spacer dealio had a really saggy front end, was wondering if that problem was secular to using stock front springs or his were just abnormally worn/tired. How are your stock front springs holding up?

Edited by anchoricex

The truck in the picture is not mine. It was from a client that accepted to take pictures of the different lift examples.

Spacers are just that.. They are made to lift your truck without having to change your coils if they are still good for you. You can still put spacers with new oem coils or even aftermarket coils (AC). The spacers don't affect the longevity of coil springs...

S..

I'm wondering if the rear brake line & shocks (Bilstein) would be extended too much if I put 1.5" spacers on top of the AC 2" rear lift

I would say get new shocks however I dont think you'll need no brake lines. I have a 4" sfd and never put on the extended brake lines that I bought. I fully flexed and no problems however most people would not agree with me haha.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually run Steve's 1.5 and ac springs and havnt had and issue accept for busted an old cv boot but replaced it and no issue yet off road tested( not saying there won't be issues it's a nissan lol) but I have a total of 3.5 front and 3 rear no issues will post pics if it helps

• 2 weeks later...

jt739t.jpg

Good thing I checked didn't even know I had a busted boot and this is Steve's 1.5 with ac springs fron and 3 inch rear stock springs

Sits perfect

What size tire are you running? I think I read elsewhere that you aren't happy with the struts. Seems to be a common issue. Any other options you've been thinking about trying?

Thanks for the info...it looks solid.

e8a1cw.jpg

Good thing I checked didn't even know I had a busted boot and this is Steve's 1.5 with ac springs fron and 3 inch rear stock springs

Sits perfect

Steve, do you recommend putting the spacers in the rear above or below the spring? Does it make a difference?

So a quick question for you guys that have installed these spacers. If you put these on and still use the old original springs, non AC, OME, etc.. Did you get the full lift amount? For example if you bought the 2 inch all around setup, with the old worn out springs did the spacers provide said amount of lift? Or did the old saggy worn springs Prevent the advertised amount of lift? Reason I ask is I was going to replace my springs with just new OEM springs non lift, but ran into some unexpected expenses and now budget is tighter than I had expected. So I would now just be replacing rear shocks and adding spacers into the old struts and old coils. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever height your body is at now, the spacers are solid so they will "lift" the body by whatever thickness the spacers are. The springs won't be affected at all by the spacers, they will be the same whether you have spacers on or not. So to answer your question, you should get some visually noticeable lift by installing the spacers but your springs/shocks will still be the same tired old components they were before. :)

So quick question guys, on the pictures of the test truck the front measurements are slightly shorter than the rear. For example the stock measurement for the front at the fender is 33 inches and 34 at the rear fender. So my issue is that my measurements the front sits at 33 inches and the rear sits at 32.5 inches? Do you all think this may be due to bad shocks? My main concern is that if I base my order on what the truck on fleurys page, his leveled out due to the half inch more for the front spacers. so the 2 inch spacer in the front = 2.5 inches of actual lift, since the test trucks front measured shorter in the first place this worked out. So I plan on ordering the pro-comp ES3000 shocks, do you all think that with these new shocks my rear will be raised up and not so squatty, so higher in the rear vs lower in the rear as i sit now? I just want to avoid a ridiculous reverse rake look, I dont mind it being slightly higher in the front, but not an inch or more difference.

AZ,

The fact that your rear is lower than my test truck is simply because your rear coils have collapsed a little bit more. That being said, it has nothing to do with shocks, as shocks only absorb the road bumps. You could remove your shocks all together and your truck would not be an inch lower...The work of supporting the rear of your truck is done by your coil springs ...

Now if you sit at 33" in front and put 2" spacers, this will bring the front to around 35.5". If you want to level your truck at the rear, you simply have to order a 3" rear spacer kit. If you want to have a small rake (higher in the rear than the front), you could go with a 3.5" rear spacer kit. On the other hand if you prefer the nose up look, then you simply go with a 1.5" front spacer...

Hopefully it's clearer now !

Cheers.

So fleurys, if i want 3 inches in the front I need a 2.5 inch spacers, so my 33 inches goes to 36 inches. To keep the back level, as it sits at 32.5 inches now, I would need to order 3 inch spacer? Is this correct? I Dont want the rake look nice and level.

Edited by AZ_Pathfinder

I think I just answered your email....??

I usually do not recommend going higher then 2" front spacers since this is the highest we have tested with our test truck. That being said, I had a few customer who went this route with success while having OEM coil springs. I do remember one user here who tried 2" spacers with the ironman springs. I believe this turned out that he had to remove 1" spacer in order to prevent binding in the passenger cv. So you see, it's not a science, but I tried as much a s possible to bring a modular system that people can custom dial their lift.

To answer your question, If you go 2.5" front, it should get you around 3" of lift. For the rear, the lift ratio is 1:1, so a 2.5" spacer will raise your rear 2.5". In your case, this would mean your front would be a little higher than the rear.

S.

So just to clarify, I dont have extended length coils, in fact theyre old, as in the original ones. So you think adding the 2.5 on the front would not be advised, even on old run down coils? If so that .5 inches isnt a big deal then. 35.5 inches would be fine. I just know Ive seen people with OME and AC coils add 1 inch spacer on top of those, which I would assume is around 3 inches in the front.

You have to put yourself in my shoes... Even if I think that you would probably not have any problem putting 2.5" in the front, i cannot guarantee it. We did not test it. Like I said, I had more than one customer go this route with success.

I don't take back spacers that have been installed unless they are defective (fabrication defect). So if worse comes to worse and it does not work, you could buy a 1" spacer front pair and replace the 1.5" with it...

Steve.

ok so with the 2 inch spacer, gives me 2.5 inches up front to level it I'll need the 3 inch rear spacer to level mine at 35.5 inches at all fenders. so with that in mind would these shocks work?

Pro Comp #326506 Es3000 Series Shock

Extended length 27.07, compressed length 15.94, travel length 11.13

Edited by AZ_Pathfinder

• 2 years later...