E-Fan conversion

WxChaser

Has anyone done the e-fan conversion? I know there's kits online to buy, but I thought someone had mentioned a taurus fan would work? Help would be great, just need to know what all I need to convert.

Thanks.

Taurus fans, Maxima fans both work. The Max fan fits the rad almost perfect if you use the older style with the metal tubing on it, just notch it a bit to clear the gearbox.

The Taurus fan is a single 2 speed fan, the max fan is a dual fan setup

I put a pro comp 18 on mine they say its 1800 cfm however........right now its about 30 degrees out and does well. i do have a switch on it so i do have to keep a eye on the temp. when its 75 out and have the a/c on its not enough. it will rise right over half way. so i left it there and put the mechanical fan back on only using the e fan for the summer when it gets over 100 just to help out.

Can anyone list what all I'd need to pull from the Maxima to do the conversion? I'm not certain of all the components needed (other than the fan itself). All your help is greatly appreciated.

its kinda universal for any e-fan setup. theres 3 ways to set this up. 1 of them being stupid... lol

Setup 1:

Proper Coolant Temp Controlled E-Fan.

Parts:

e-Fan

Temp Sender and controller

50 amp relay

20 amp fuse

assorted wiring

this is the best way, as it will allow the vehicle to warm up, and not have to constantly be monitored. (i would still install a bypass switch just in case it fails you can still manually activate the fan)

setup 2 (manual swtich)

Parts:

e-fan

50 amp relay

20 amp fuse

20 amp switch

assorted wiring

this was will allow manual control of the fan. the user MUST MAINTAIN CONSTANT CONTACT OF TEMPS i'd HIGHLY reccommend a aftermarket Water Temp Gauge setup to better monitor temps.

setup 3 (Stupid way....)

Parts:

E-Fan

50amp switch

assorted wiring.

This way allows manual controll WITHOUT a Relay setup.... my opinion ONLY IN EMERGENCIES..... this will have a High Amp Wire Traveling through your dash unprotected and can EASILY become a Fire hazzard. i've done this on my FC once because my Relay fell off and hit my Pulleys lol.... i do not reccommend this for repeated long term use.

After Note: I use Taurus Fans on most of my cars due to the size and flow of the 2 speed setup. the high speed DOES pull 50 amps pretty easily. so if you are using that you will need a 50 - 60 amp fuse to protect that circuit. BUT i've never needed the High Circuit even on my Race Cars.

• Like 1

the way I did mine was the metal maxima fan, the temp sensor in the bottom of the maxima radiator and the fitting that it screws into, I used the metal tube that's in the tbi units upper hose and soldiered the sensor fitting into the metal tube, and a switch on the dash for the high speed fan. On tbi units you can drill a hole below the vent on the metal tube, on the mpfi I just ground off the vent and drilled out the hole to fit the sensor fitting.

I'm running both my 88 and my 94 this way

I don't remember what year but prob somewhere in the late 80s early 90s, but the later models were plastic with 2 fans but they were wider.

The ones I installed on my 88 and 94 were both metal shrouds with 2 fans and fit the radiator almost perfect.

My laptop is all messed up. Try going to photobucket and looking at dosvagabonds check the mods for electric fan I've got a bunch of pathy stuff stored there