how is your exhaust set up?

jhamelin819

on my wd21 i have pacesetter headers with arp bolts to a section of 2.5" pipe from heads to a 2.5" high flow magnaflow cat to 2.5" pipe to a 2.5" flowmaster 40 series to 2.5" pipe to a 4" ss truck tip. I think it sounds pretty good no more exhaust tick and seems to flow a little better than it did before. (remember i dont have 4 o2's though so idk if that will matter for you)

Edited by edicer2

mostly 13 yr old stock parts with what looks like a newer muffler. all of it is holy. I mean leaky! held together with muffler tape, beer cans and pipe clamps.

all will soon be replaced when I get the funds.

i wanna change up my exhaust sound, just make it louder, i dont care if it sounds like a chopped v6, i just wanna make sure whatever i do is healthy for the motor

About all you can do is change the muffler (assuming smog laws), but you could probably have larger pipes made from the rear of the cats on back as long as they were provisioned for the 2 downstream O2 sensors. Not many options for the R50 I'm afraid...

B

Sporting a Flowmaster series 50 HD dual 2.5" in/out and custom high back dual tail pipes.. 1_zps3ed6b656.jpg

2_zpse53e3fce.jpg

2 new secondary universal Catco (CA) catalytic converters and 2 new primary Catco cats up front.. Installed about 4 months ago.

Loving the setup!

I have a dual in, single out 18" magnaflow muffler, with removed resonator and polis he'd magnaflow tip. Perfect tone, and good performance. Smaller than stock units, so more clearance :)

Ive ran a 40 series, a 4 inch tip right off the cat, and now run a magnaflow on my latest WD. The flowmaster had good rumble, the pipe i made for after the cat actually sounded a lot better than you would think but sweet jesus, its pretty loud. and my set up i have now I love. The magnaflow sounds good and doesnt mess up flow (you can see through the muffler) but quiets it down quite a bit. You can def hear it but its not super loud. So it comes down to how loud you want to be lol.