Car Starter?

Kristen

Hello-

I just purchased at 2012 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition with 9600 miles on it about a month ago.. Well tonight I turned the vehicle off got out and pushed the button on the key fob to lock the doors, well I pushed the unlock button a couple times then finally pushed the lock button and the pathfinder started up.. Not sure if it was really in that sequence it was dark out, and I was just pushing away on the buttons. I ended up getting back into the Pathfinder and I turned the ignition to the on position then to the off position but it didn't turn off. When I pushed the break it turned off. I'm not sure if I have some aftermarket remote starter that was programed to my intelligent Key or if it was just some glitch. Sometimes I know I don't turn the vehicle all the way off, although I'm pretty sure it was all the way off when I got out last night. But if I didn't turn it all the way off does the Pathfinder have some feature that turns it back on if you hit the lock button, to let me know it's still partially on? I know that's probably a stupid question. I have tried today a few different sequence attempts at getting it to fire up. I tired double tapping lock, but no luck... I tried double tapping lock, and then third tap just holding the lock button down, but no luck.. Where are the boxes usually installed on the Pathfinders for the remote start? Are they usually under the drivers side dash somewhere?

yes you have a remote start! it's great when it's cold out.

is there more than two buttons on your key fob?

mine has one with a lightning bolt type icon on it and that is the remote start button.

once pushed the doors lock, and the engine starts. It will run until the engine temperature reaches peak operating point, or half way up the gage roughly about 15 minutes.

pushing the brake will cause the engine to shut down, followed by some "clicking" sound as it resets. you can then start with the key as normal. and the doors will lock again.

• Like 1

I only have lock unlock and alarm on mine.. I actually got it to start again I thought the Second time I pushed unlock twice and on the third held down unlock but no luck.. So far I've started it twice by pushing the buttons

• 4 weeks later...