95 Nissan pathy solved and unsolved problems! pathy build

urimashe

Alright, so I am on a quest, to make a cross the USA highway/street friendly/ more economic yet still off-road/fun capable pathy.

Man what a mouthful!

So, First off, A much needed update about my pathy. It is a 95, Dark blue, XE, LSD, Vg30, Manual trans, rear tire carrier, (pic will be inserted!)

Bought it here in Arizona from the previous owners Mother. apparently the dude past away and his mom and brother where trying to sell it. the dude used it as an off-road play toy, he bought it and only fixed it enough so the thing passed IM and ran, then proceeded to try and beat the thing to death in the dunes (im assuming this cause of the issues I had found)

Problems : Broken exhaust mani studs, Bad window and door weather stripping, Rear dome light housing heat cracked, Wiring problems, Door Lock phantoms, Rear hatch Switch problems, EGR valve problems, Vacuum problems, Broken washer fluid pumps, Worn window wiper motor,

The list goes on....

Pro's: Rust free, or so what it appears to be, Good engine and trans, as far as my UTI studys so far tell me (5-6th phase, going through intro to powertrains at the moment) Unbroken rear lights, Only minor body damage (personal idea on the subject), stock roof rack, Great cloth interior, only minor stains, paint is good for a sun baked area, came with 2 original sized tires, new condition (just need two more, the 31's are giving me a noticeable power lose compared to my old 88 pathy) Lego wheels, bottle jack, radio.

the list goes on there as well. Will post the pictures in a moment, its dark outside but I think my cam can handle that.

So far I have replaced passenger side ball joints, driver side is next, some new shocks, replaced the EGR bpt or is it btp valve, Fixed some vacuum lines, worked retraced some wires to see if I can find a problem with the, found the under dash torn through to have a viper auto start/ alarm put in, probably why my horn does not work. Replaced the Door lock timer, locks work now, Put in new rear speakers, soon to delete factory amps, found and put in a original 95 pathy front driver seat, old red driver seat from an older pathy was taken out and now is a temporary chair in the living room. replaced a bad center bezel and fixed the 12v outlet, Replaced shifter knob with a shifter knob that says it will make the pathy go faster. but I think it just makes the shifter look cool.

Pics soon to fallow!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Life Soon kicked my butt. long story short, i had women problems. Then finished school, Had to move, and now i am back and settled in my home state of Alaska. I got a New project, I will start a new thread for that. a... new introduction so to speak.

• Like 1