water leaking from left side of thermostat housing

pittmanjustin

95 pathy 3.0 4x4 i draned the water cauesed hadnt had a thermosat in it and didnt want it to freeze up well t never got to that temp down here now when i refilled it with water with engine off its off its pouring from the left sde of the themostat houseng i cant even flill the radiator fast enough

yeah i had straght water in t cause the radiator has been leaking but i got a new one right before this happened but i dont understamd u it busted the plug had drained the water and the thermosat was out and i ran it for a min after ii draained rhe radaTOR

Freeze plugs are, well, self explanatory. They're there so when the water freezes and expands, the idea is that hopefully the pressure pops the plug instead of cracking the block.

Honestly man, clean up the English so we can understand better what you're trying to tell us. Help us help you. I'm not trying to be a dick but its kind of disrespectful to ask for help from others when all the effort we see from you is a garbled mess of words that are easily misunderstood.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

So I get that you are asking why it popped a freeze plug when you had drained the coolant system. Well, you only drained the radiator, not the block, and running it doesn't make any difference as that only circulates water in a full, enclosed system.

There are drain plugs on either side of the block, apparently low and to the back, but the diagram is poor. When filling it back up, you want to also remove the air relief plug.

Go to the Garage section, and download your own free copy of the Factory Service Manual and read go to MA-11.

Next time you can avoid this, but the good news is once you have new freeze plugs in, everything should be fine.

B

Honestly man, clean up the English so we can understand better what you're trying to tell us. Help us help you. I'm not trying to be a dick but its kind of disrespectful to ask for help from others when all the effort we see from you is a garbled mess of words that are easily misunderstood.

I'm guessing whenever he typed "t" he had meant "truck". Took me a few posts to get that.

Good to hear it wasn't anything really major. I haven't touched my truck in about two or three weeks and we've had nothing but freezing weather, I'm hoping I had some sort of antifreeze mixture in it... *shrug*