Stupid Horn Question

dcass72

Three horns? There are only two from the factory.

Maybe the older years don't honk. Check the owner's manual to see if there are instructions.

Yep, I have a high, low, and alarm horn factory. I wish I had a manual, I would def. use it.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/pdf/1996-Nissan-Pathfinder.pdf

The alarm uses both the high and low note horns, *and* a theft warning horn. Interesting. I did not know 96 Pathfinders had a theft warning horn.

Thanks a bunch for the link. But, unfortunatly there is no horn chirp upon locking the doors. Oh well, peace of mind at least.

Open up your door panel, find the wire going to the lock actuator motor, and tap a relay into it. Hook that to a cheap little horn, and there you go!

On second thought, that's a terrible idea. If I did that on mine it would sound like a carnival every time I tried to unlock it.

• Like 1

My locking system has seen better days. Sometimes it fights against the key, other times it unlocks as soon as I lock it, sometimes it locks as soon as I unlock it, it locks all the doors if you shut the passenger's front door hard enough... tying that into a noisemaker would be a bad life choice.

Might sound more like a Canada goose, now that I think about it.

Anyway, back to making the doors beep...

haha well iv tried every combo i could with my stock key fob thing and its a no go i thought i had it but i just set my panic alarm off

So the horn does work. That rules the alarm horn out as a malfunctioning part.

If you still have the owners manual consult it for the alarm settings.

It sounds like it has gone into passive mode.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/pdf/1996-Nissan-Pathfinder.pdf

The alarm uses both the high and low note horns, *and* a theft warning horn. Interesting. I did not know 96 Pathfinders had a theft warning horn.

Both my 95's, XE and SE with factory alarm had an alarm horn as well. And it was actually an attention getter, surprisingly!