93 Pathfinder Build

MattV

I hope this is the right place to post this. This is my 1993 Pathfinder. I picked it up for $700 off of Craigslist 3 weeks ago. The odometer was just under 133,000 miles when I picked it up. The best thing is the lack of rust on it. This Pathfinder came from Texas. Anyone who lives in the Northeastern part of the US knows how damaging the salt is. The bad part about this Pathfinder the previous owner broke 4 of the passenger side exhaust manifold studs off in the head. No big deal though. As soon as I get time at work I'll put it on the lift and drill them out. Sorry for the poor pictures. I took all of them with my phone.

Pathfinderflex.jpg

I know I have my priorities mixed up but I ordered rear lift coils, shocks, and BJ spacers last week. Look what came today!

IMG_20131127_150115.jpg

I have a set of 33x10.5x15 Boggers I wanted to see how they looked. I'm not going to use them on the Pathfinder. They're for my Samurai.

bogger.jpg

I got two 32x11.5x15 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM(the older style) from a co worker for $20 a piece and today I found 3 more on craigslist for $175. I mounted them on my extra set of lego wheels.

IMG_20131127_102355.jpg

All stacked up and ready to go on the Pathfinder.

IMG_20131127_150939.jpg

Hopefully Friday I'll be able to post some updates since I have some time off.

• Like 1

I had the day off today and I wasn't going shopping like everyone else does. So I installed the lift. I couldn't believe how quick I was able to do this. It took me less than 3 hours but technically I have to re-index the T-bars yet. Has anyone else who installed 1 inch BJ spacers have AC send the wrong length bolts? The bolts sent with were only 30mm, with 1 inch spacers, the UCA, and lock washers there isn't too much bolt left to thread into the BJ. The problem was easy enough to solve with some longer bolts. Here's the results of today. The boggers are coming off tomorrow.

IMG_20131129_152718.jpg

IMG_20131129_152741.jpg

My friends 4 Runner sits almost has high as the Pathfinder.

IMG_20131129_152813.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good, and yes, most basic work on these is fairly easy. You have the added advantage of having access to a shop and knowing your way around a wrench. ;)

Go out wheeling with your buddy in the 4 runner and see if his ride height helps him at all... :lol:

B

Yea they're 3 inch springs. I did get the drop bracket. I'm a little unsure about these ball joint spacers. They scare me a little bit. What's everyone else running in the front? Planning a trip to Rausch Creek soon. Anyone in the northeast want to hit the trails soon?

When it comes time to tackle the exhaust studs take a fluxcore mig and weld a washer to the broken stud and then a nut to the washer and they will come out with almost no effort I got mine out that way, had 4 or 5 broken off and every one backed right out.

I'm a little unsure about these ball joint spacers. They scare me a little bit. What's everyone else running in the front? Planning a trip to Rausch Creek soon. Anyone in the northeast want to hit the trails soon?

Most people do not use them, but some have with mixed reviews, including 'no issues'. Most aftermarket UCAs address the ball joint angle issue as well as camber (Calmini, SuperLift, etc) while the AC parts may not.

B

The exhaust studs are broken off flush in the head. I'm going to drill them out.

BJ spacers are gone. I took them off this morning. I also trimmed the front fender flares down a little bit in the front. Here's the finished Pathfinder for now.

pathfinderdone.jpg

• Like 1

Yep that's a supercharged frontier. I wish I could find another set of those wheels, or the darker SC Xterra wheels for this Pathfinder.

I found my L&P idler arm brace that I had ordered for my old 95 Pathy that I never put on. I'm still waiting on my center link from them it's been over 7 years, I don't think I'm getting it.

Yea the front is just cranked T-bars and the back is springs. Maybe if I had a aftermarket UCA I might be able to get the BJ spacers to work, but I had way too much positive camber.

where you going in northeast to trail put? im in nh and hopefully putting my lift in this weekend!biggrin.png just picked up interco tsl 34x9.5r15s. gottta make em fit haha

I used to go to Rausch Creek at least once a month.

wheres rausch creek? haha and im getting my uca's in on wednesday and lifting my rig this weekend hopefully. i think im gunna have to trim for the 34s which sucks because my truck has 0 rust:/ but gotta do what you gotta do right? and not bad for 700 bucks bud! i got my rig for 400 lol

Rausch Creek is in Pennsylvania. Wow I thought I got a decent deal at $700 but $400 that's even better. I had to do some minor trimming to fit 32s. It was mostly to the fender flares. I did cut off some of the lower valance in the front too. What UCA's did you end up getting?

• 1 month later...

i went with 4x4parts.com. seem to correct my balljoint angle. i have yo reindex my t-bars still but you know how cold it is up here!! but heres a pic of my rig now

0116140940a_zpsp1tcqrcn.jpg

thats with my 3" suspension lift on american racing ultra rims with 34x9.5r15 super swampers.

• Like 1

You will have positive camber on the bj spacers. They are supposed to do that. When you lift a pathy front suspension, your suspensions gains negative camber, its the opposite of most vehicles.

Your front end is too low to use them. I run 1" bj spacers from a company on eBay that makes them and yes you need extended bolts, 30mm is way too short and they should be class 10.9 metric . I run 3.5-4" front suspension lift with the bj spacers and my Alignment is perfect . It let's you retain your down travel while lifted up to maintain ride quality and increase front end articulation.

Recommended to use them in conjunction with differential drop Bushings and a 2wd steering swap to make the most out of the extra travel. The stock location of cvs and the limited travel of the factory steering may wear faster.

I use napa lifetime cvs, and 2wd steering and I have had absolutely zero issues.

My ifs setup is pretty damn capable now and it takes the beating on 33x12.5s wheeling and daily driving for years now.

Edited by Nefarious