SoCal Pathfinder Meet

Karmann

96Pathfinder4x4 & I are heading down to AB this weekend with my meetup group & I'm in the El Paso mountains with Death Valley Jim on the 18th (kinda limits January for me). How about Feb?

96Pathfinder4x4 & I are heading down to AB this weekend with my meetup group & I'm in the El Paso mountains with Death Valley Jim on the 18th (kinda limits January for me). How about Feb?

I might try and meet up with you guys Sat if my schedule will allow.. Would that be possible? What are your guys plans? Camping out overnight or hotel? Let me know if this is an open invitation! I would come out Friday although I work Sat am 6-2... But if I get ready I can leave straight from work at 2pm Sat.

-CNAM

Sure, no problem, Pathy owners always welcome!. We're camping overnight, going to try to make it to the primitive camp ground at the entrance to Fish Creek Wash, off Split Mountain Rd but we'll see how it goes. By about 3pm we'll probably be around Sandstone Canyon or maybe near the "Elephants Knees" in Fish Creek Wash. Do you have Ham radio or CB?

P.S. did you get your tires yet?

Getting hitch gate and tires today!!! TODAY IS HUGE FOR ME AND MY BUTTFINDER! :lol:I have a CB.. But it's set up now to use the aux jack on my stereo I tried testing it with my buddies last Sunday and the sound came through very weak... Not sure why? Might be the setup.. I'm thinking I might need to add a separate external speaker just for the CB.. That way I can use the CB and listen to tunes while wheelin' :aok: I have GPS as well which I have noticed includes most of the trails I've been on so far out here..

:jacked:

It's probably the ohms, wire for audio speakers is a different resistance to CB I believe. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. My Garmin shows all the well known trails in AB, I use that as a back up & my iPad as my main nav device.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm heading out to Anza Borrego Park again! Looks like Feb 21-23. I'm taking my kiddos this time, so probably won't run The Slot....or have them walk down...not certain. We plan to hit the mudcaves and do some sight seeing. Depending on company, we may venture over to BLM land and exercise our 2nd Amendment rights.

Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone was interested in wheeling that weekend. We plan to camp at Blair Valley again...depending on who comes with what we will decide on whether to move camp the next day or stay there.

Give a holler if anyone is interested.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anything upcoming? Two months in Colorado I was kicking myself in the teeth for NOT driving out.. Lots of snow covered trails and pretty red mud to play with out there.

• 4 weeks later...

:laugh: Sorry for not checking in guys, I've had way too much going on with school, work, and all other sorts of BS. But I'm on summer break and am free most weekends. With regards to location, where are most of you? Maybe we can find a central trail?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking Gorman this Sunday. Planning on doing the Miller Jeep Trail. Along with a buddy and his Heep.. Anyone interested in tagging along is more than welcome. Come Get Some!