Engine Light/Misfire

reality3ites

Ok, so I know I'm going to catch some flack for not searching first on this. But to be honest, I actually did, I'm just too trashed from traveling all day to find anything, can't see straight. Will do some more research tomorrow morning over coffee, but I thought I'd put this out there in case anyone had a straight forward answer/link.

Anyway, I just started driving my 95 Pathy from San Diego to Vancouver BC. Drove it down about a month ago. Everything was grand, great ride.

I just hit LA tonight and the Engine light started to slowly creep on, and then the engine started misfiring if the revs dropped under ~2800 RPM. No problem over that though, so for the most part highway driving seems ok (on the i5 anyway).

Anyone experience this specific problem?

Yeah, I just pulled off the highway for the day, so I'm gonna check it out. Strangely enough, got up this morning, no issues, no light, no stuttering. But it decided to show back up just as I was pulling into the motel. Go figure.

Agreed, not a bad job unless it is rusted in the pipe. Take a look at the exhaust pipe between the Y and the cat for the sensor and see what it looks like. Penetrant or other tricks may be in order...

You have choices from stock OEM (recommended if affordable) down to generic splice in types that some people have had issues with. Bosch and NGK seem to be reliable from my expereince and memory.

B

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips re:brand. I was going to drop it off at the shop, but then the problem pretty much went away after getting back home to the great white north. That said, heading over to Napa today to pick one up. Thanks again for the replies!