33's on R50 (2003) with OME 1.75 springs? Will they fit?

tooslowforgr

Ok so I have an 03' LE bone stock.

I ordered the OME lift, medium duty springs all around, kyb struts and shocks. 1" spacer for front struts so it sits level. I am looking to purchase some 15" or 16" rims with a backspacing for 4.25 since my factory 17's won't really work. I know I would have to remove the front mudflaps and maybe put 1.5" spacers on the front wheels so the tires or rims don't hit the cup porting of the strut. I would really like to throw some 285/75/16's on which equal: 32.83" diamtere, 11.22" width. Will they fit?! I see many people posting about this with the AC 2" lift but not with the Old Man Emu (OME). I should gain 1.75" over stock.

What do you think?

I would like to order these and make my decision asap so please reply on here or PM me

thanks guys!

- Grant

• Like 1

woudl 4.25 backspacing on a 15x8 rim fit with a 285/75/15 ?

There's no tire size like 285/75R15. Do you mean 285/75R16? If so you need 16x8 wheels. With 4.25" BS you may need wheel spacers to fit that size.

You could go with a 235 (or 245)/85R16 if you really want tall tires.

I have 32" with the OME coils and they barely fit. Had to do some plastic molding with a heat gun and some cutting. Rubbed on hard turns.

What is the best way to do the plastic molding with the heat gun?

I used a heat gun to push out sections that I could for clearance, then a hand grinder for the lower rear sections that rubbed when turning. Still get a little rubbing but only when turning hard in reverse or if heavily loaded up. Took it into the metal a bit and touched up with some bed liner.

photo1-1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...