Will this work?

Rebel526

I've found an instrument cluster....Any ideas if it will fit my 88.5 pathy SE? I currently just have, I guess, a 'basic' cluster, without oil pressure or volt gauges. Thought this might be a nice upgrade....if it will work.... :shrug::scratchhead:

Path_Dash_zps2df81ed0.jpg

What year is the cluster out of? I know I tried to swap an Se cluster into one of my post '90 pathfinders and the plugs were different. But the older trucks should have the same wiring.

Yeah. Haha. Only way to tell is to take it out. That should be an 89 or down cluster as the 4doors didn't come with an orange dash in the states anyway. '90 is when they went white

is that the dual fuel gauge cluster? It will NOT work, you must send it to me immediatly and I will dispose of it in the proper way! :rofl:

Seriously though there may be some different plugs that could cause some issues as my FSM (which don't show that cluster, FSM is for an 88 though) shows different plugs and pinouts between the "SE" cluster and the "Standard/E/XE" cluster. But I do belive it was either Kingman or MY1PATH that put a cluster/gauges from a different model/same era Nissan. I'll check and see if it's in either of their member rides pages...

Yes, it IS a dual fuel gauge, a 'main' and one that shows the last 1/4 of the tank :)

It also has an oil gauge and volt gauge, that mine does not have. I pray that the connectors are there....I do anticipate that I'll have to change out the oil sending unit, though...but I'm not 100%. Hopefully it'll be here by next weekend and I will pull my existing cluster and compare them...