ABS on 95 XE??

Electrifyliak

I read somewhere that all pathfinders made after 94 had ABS stock. Is this true? If so, mine does not work. When I turn the truck on the little abs light comes on and goes off with the other various lights but I don't seem to have abs, I can lock up the wheels quite easily if I try. Could I have an abs problem or does mine simply not have it. Any input would be appreciated.

If you do have ABS, (which, the light on your dash indicates that you do) you only have rear ABS. These trucks don't have ABS on all 4 wheels pre-96.

One note though, if you're in 4wd, the ABS won't work. Only in 2wd.

that is more than likly a warning light that your brake fluid is low, id check it out first

BigMike,

It's his ABS light that comes on, and goes off at startup. That's normal. It's not the brake light that is doing it, which, would indicate low fluid.

Thanks for the input. The rear ABS must not do much because I can lock those wheels pretty easy, but it probably is just the front wheels locking, which makes it hard to steer on snow and ice which I encouter a lot in ND. Thanks again.