TheAustinHenry's Build Thread

Picked up my Pathfinder a few months ago (mainly for my womans DD but its becoming more of my toy :happy: ) and have been creeping around on this forum almost daily gathering knowledge, information is very helpful and has motivated me to start my Pathfinder project sooner.

I am COMPLETELY open and asking for any information to make my build better. Knowledge is power P...

Short term goal is 2" lift on 33"s and long term is 6-8" on 35"s

The Rundown:

1998 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 Auto.

125,000 Tan on Tan interior

Short term build (next 6 months)

-----------------------------------------

Pioneer screen & subwoofer - DONE

Windows tinted (5%) - DONE

2" AC lift

33" A/Ts (BFG most likely)

15" Steelie wheels with 3.75 BS

Update front end to 01-04 look

Long term build (next 2 years)

---------------------------------------

4" SFD (KR fab)

35" A/Ts or M/Ts

Roof Rack

LED light bar

Offroad Bumpers

Dream Build (now-forever)

--------------------------------------

V8 swap from Nissan or infinity

Custom fab lift to clear 37"s

Will be updating these lists quite often as my plans progress

Day I purchased \/ 6/27/13

i1wx.jpg

Pioneer screen installed \/ 7/3/13

ust4.jpg

Plastidipped wheels and bought new tires for the time being (235/75/15)

Did first oil change and alignment \/ 7/11/13

ov4u.jpg

Window Tint! 5% all the way \/ 10/24/13

vedz.jpg

04nf.jpg

Edited by TheAustinHenry

Sweet! It'll be fun watching your build. I wish we could get away with limo tint in South Carolina. We don't have annual vehicle inspections but, the law will crack down on you quick if you have dark tint .. go figure? :shrug:

• Like 1

As far as the Plastidip goes I love the stuff. I've been doing small projects on the Z with it and 2 of my friends have done entire cars.

I did the wheels and bumpers for now and it holds up great. Just wash the area well and lay down about 3 pretty thick coats. (It will peel right off the tire if done thick enough)

• 1 month later...

Looking nice so far. I just picked up a 1996 pathfinder down here in New Zealand (similarly its mostly for the mrs as a daily, but also as a project and for camping trips!). Will be watching your build and stealing info!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update: Girlfriend is now fiancée and I think I'm going to take the Pathfinder from her and get her a Versa ;)

Received my 2" lift kit from Fleurys and going to go 16" wheels with 32" BFG A/Ts! Also, manual hubs, new CV axles and a few other things while I'm at it

Edited by TheAustinHenry

Congratulations.

Now, my advice...either cash-out all the money you've planned to spend on the R50 (and hide it good) or spend it quick on your build before it becomes "shared".

That is all...

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I'm ordering as much as I can the next few months before she cracks down lol.

Here's what I picked up today, mainly to test fit after lifts and things. 33x12.50x15. Just to test on factory wheels. Just ordered 16"s for daily use.

nypuse2y.jpg

They are towards the end of their life, but should roughly be a good 32" reference point for clearance

Edited by TheAustinHenry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LED light bar on the roof IMO, just make sure to mount it as close to the roof as you can and it'll look cool, and put out more light than you'd ever believe.