89 pathfinder in the northwest.

jeph

I move mine for about 8 or so mm and then the wheel turns, have you checked some parts in your column? Look at what parts turn and the which don't, that should lead to the problem.

its not the steering box or column but for example i can wiggle the left wheel about a inch before the right wheel moves. so when im driving the toe just goes in and out all by its self. like if i do an alignment and drive around the block its off by few inches and nothing is loose lol

uca/lca bushings and or compression/tension rod bushings.

im going to replace all those tomarrow and see how it is after that

is there another name for the tension rod bushings? autozone and orilleys cant seem to locate them at all.

Compression rods. Or have them show you a picture of the lower control arm set up and then point and the part that goes from the lca to the frame. (Runs to back of the truck.)

They should be able to figure it out. If not. Try a different store. Lol. We have three, two napas, and multiple others. If I don't like the answer from one place, I choose another.

• Like 1

Compression rods. Or have them show you a picture of the lower control arm set up and then point and the part that goes from the lca to the frame. (Runs to back of the truck.)

They should be able to figure it out. If not. Try a different store. Lol. We have three, two napas, and multiple others. If I don't like the answer from one place, I choose another.

i fount out at baxter auto parts that they call it strut rod bushing, i got some moog ones i believe their poly so should be better.

I also forgot to mention, could it be a bearing? Or do the parts on the inside move with it?

when i move the wheel the inner and outer tie rod ball joints move like half inch before the centerlink starts to move and its also brand new oem only 2 days old. im going to replace all tie rod ends tomarrow and install the new bushings and see what happenes since upper and lower ball joints diddnt help.

also im having a big camber issue from the lift ive seen people put washers behind the upper control arm to bring it out does that work right?

To a point. If its too much to correct you'll need longer control arms or ball joint spacers. There's only so much shim you can add behind the control arms before the bolts don't thread into the frame enough resulting in loosening or sheering.

alright so now im stumped. i changed every single ball joint and bushing and tie rod ends and centerlink and my wheels still wont stay alligned. after i looked closely the inner tie rods where they bolt into the centerlink are loose even tho i tightened them with impact gun. so im thinking i got the wrong centerlink because the holes are too big?

That is possible, there are two different sized tapers for the center links. I want to say '92 or '93 so if you got later year centerlink, the tapers would indeed be too large.

FYI, this is more the Meet and Greet section, so for more exposure on technical matters, I suggest posting in the Garage or 2 Door WD21 sections.

B

• Like 1