89 pathfinder in the northwest.

jeph

Again, looks sweet! How exactly did you manage to muck up the hub? :laugh:

somehow 3 of the bolts backed out and fell out after the 7 mile 4x4 trail and the last mudhole of the day i had to rev and clutch drop it to get out and the hub busted in the spots that the bolts were missing from. so my new ones i tightened the sh*t out of em and put loctite.

I am so happy to see my old Pathy went to someone who isn't afraid to use it!!

Even better you joining the forum so I can see your awesome posts & pics.

Wish I woulda known about pulling the rear sway and bump stops. Looking pretty sweet!!

I'm loving this little Honda, especially at the gas pump!

Keep doing what you're doing!!

• Like 1

thats pretty awesome!! the guy i sold my old patthy to when the engine went out ended up recycling it :angry: i heard he was going to do it and tried to buy it back but a day too late. its nice to see someone who sold theirs to someone who is using it and making it awesome!!

• Like 3

I really wouldn't want you dropping $2500 on a D60 either! I'll sell you a brand new one for $1500 with an lens and still be ripping you off! :lol:

The real question is if DX sensor is ok or if FX sensor is desired. If DX, a buddy has a D5100 Costco kit that works well and I'm happy with my D90, but a FX style will easily out perform them...

B

Went out again a few times this weekend i finally put rock sliders on and went to a place called evans creek. i am so suprised as is everyone else that i made it threw trails 311, 311a and 311b which is stated as most difficult! and it made it no problem! today i put JGC springs on the back and it lifted about 2 inches so no more sag! its great i need to find longer shocks now tho so gotta do some research.

video from last weekend at evans creek kinda crappy but it was okay.

http://youtu.be/A-dsgr9v4Zs

this was 2 weekends ago at beavers pond in graham, wa

http://youtu.be/v68k4Ok49Q8

Edited by jeph
  • Like 1

also found out today while installing my springs why it does so well in the trails, was happy to see the diff had a little orange sticker that said LSD! diddnt know they came with that.

also found out today while installing my springs why it does so well in the trails, was happy to see the diff had a little orange sticker that said LSD! diddnt know they came with that.

At least 1/2, if not most of them do. You can even rebuild it with an extra clutch plate so the break away force is roughly doubled. Only down side is that if you decide you want a locker instead, you will have to source an open diff rear, or at least 3rd member.

Glad you like and are impressed by your new rig. Credit where credit is due though, you must know how to drive it as well. Keep the picts and vids coming, we watch them... ;)

B

• Like 1

At least 1/2, if not most of them do. You can even rebuild it with an extra clutch plate so the break away force is roughly doubled. Only down side is that if you decide you want a locker instead, you will have to source an open diff rear, or at least 3rd member.

Glad you like and are impressed by your new rig. Credit where credit is due though, you must know how to drive it as well. Keep the picts and vids coming, we watch them... ;)

B

yeah im very impressed ive had like 3 jeep cherokees and 2 grand cherokees and a few lifted isuzu rodeos and this pathfinder has been then funnest so far i dont even know why lol, anything i try to just go for it just plows right threw lol its crazy. this weekend im changing all front ball joints and bushings because mine are so bad its not even funny lol.

been trying to find what shocks people use with JGC springs i havent been able to find that out. mine are too short i believe.

and i think next week im gunna tackle the horrible exhaust leaks comming from everywhere! lol hopefully the tick is comming from that.

Well, I don't know that they are the best, just that they do better than most people think, especially with a few minor mods.

Don't forget the centerlink, they are probably the weakest part of the front end...

Yes, the stock shocks will limit articulation. I can't remember the length you want, but there are several threads here that detail that info welll. Let me know if you can't find them.

B

• Like 1

yeah so i checked the centerlink and it moves alot and i mean alot.. i can move the passenger wheel left and right about half inch before the steering box even moves. so i take it my centerlink is shot.. what actually goes bad on them? and could i bake a strong one? looks simple.

and thats probably why i can never get my allignment right ive done it over and over and after a drive its always off after i double check it.

and its probably why when im wheeling my friends are like your front wheels move around alot!

got the JGC springs on no more sag in the rear! lol i hated that. need longer shocks now tho, looks like people use 94 ford f250 reach shocks so ill look into a set of those.

20131101_162849_zps2aea793b.jpg

• Like 1

yeah so i checked the centerlink and it moves alot and i mean alot.. i can move the passenger wheel left and right about half inch before the steering box even moves. so i take it my centerlink is shot.. what actually goes bad on them? and could i bake a strong one? looks simple.

Exactly what I was going to post and should have in the first place. Another item to check out and reinforce is the idler arm. You can rebuild it with the factory plastic bushings and reinforce it with a brace like the AC version.

Yes, that should give you some stright wheel tracking, not to mention longevity...

B

• Like 1

Exactly what I was going to post and should have in the first place. Another item to check out and reinforce is the idler arm. You can rebuild it with the factory plastic bushings and reinforce it with a brace like the AC version.

Yes, that should give you some stright wheel tracking, not to mention longevity...

B

cool i found the idler arm brace on 4x4parts for only 30$ so ill purchase that soon after all the new ball joints and centerlink.

had some more fun this weekend. ended up with a bent tie rod at the end of the day but not bad.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=579216798798486&l=6250845249569921105

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=579224735464359&l=6908384696004547785

i donno if links will work. if they do click HQ and it should come in better

lol nice videos, and yes the links worked. yea once those tires get a little air thats when they break. I cant believe you have no issues with sucking in water?! ive hydro locked a few of my pathys multiple times lol.

thanks yeah no problems yet i took the hose off the cleaner that goes to the fenderwell so no water can come in that way and just been running open air cleaner, was going to make a snorkel but i dont think these tbi injected motors will run well with all that extra pipe added to the air cleaner. but worth a try i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

so ive been having huge problems with the pathfinder lately. i put a new centerlink and ball joints and i still get the problem of one wheel moving about a inch or 2 before the other wheel moves.

when its in the air i can grab one wheel and move it left to right about a inch or 2 and it wont make the other wheel move. the steering system on these trucks is retarded.

anyone ever had this problem?